Lather Shots

Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Very nice soap this. I can smell a very nice mid-strength aromatic cigarish scent with some...cognac? Today's lather is creamily thick and slick...great stuff!
20210416_071405.jpg

Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina

SOTD_20210417_2.jpg

SOTD_20210417_3.jpg

74BB7B30-2ADF-4D8A-95F9-89C2E2725761.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Somehow, today's soap lather scent was a little stronger and it was very distinctively aromatic tobacco! The lather was thickly creamy and slick too...nice!
20210419_072150.jpg

Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Soap's scent is nice for me. Good strength leathery & smoky scent. Quality is dependent on loading...today's is abit less so kinda thin...
View attachment 68536
Looks like it's giving the thumbs up. I've found this an interesting one to lather. With a synth brush it's fine. With a normal badger, it has more misses than hits. Although the first pass lather is fine, after that, it just seems to get more airy the more I continue. Also the scent seems to have a faint smell of stale BO! The fighter pilot had certainly been working up a sweat.

Looks like it's giving the thumbs up. I've found this an interesting one to lather. With a synth brush it's fine. With a normal badger, it has more misses than hits. Although the first pass lather is fine, after that, it just seems to get more airy the more I continue. Also the scent seems to have a faint smell of stale BO! The fighter pilot had certainly been working up a sweat.
Thanks, @NatJag for your comments. I have this and Imperial rum and while it's not an issue to get a good lather with a badger, with a synthetic it will definitely be plusher. My own impression so far with P&B soaps - the quality is acceptable with nice scents.
The scent for Spitfire is definitely subjective...hahaha. I really like it...to me, it's more of a leathery scent. I would love to get the matching splash...

Spitfire (& other P&B soaps) have lathered really well with my badger brushes, I don't have any synthetics.
Yup, P&B soaps are ok with badgers but with synthetics...it'll be even better...ymmv of cors. I like to lather with both types of brush...different experiences. Overall, I find both of my Spitfire and Imperial Rum soaps to be acceptable. I really like the scents.

Back
Top Bottom