Las Vegas - beware!

Young relative in Las Vegas reports:

Sunday started out pretty awkward, got pulled over and nearly arrested this morning for taking rocks from the middle of the desert.. the cop wanted to write a ticket for : disturbing the landscape : seriously?!? clearly Henderson's crime rate must be low because they needed 6 officers in 3 vehicles to deal with my situation.

Beware!

I think it is always important to understand the background to tales like this. Here is a little more from Vegas:

Uncle Pete - the rocks were more like small boulders, I'd say about 25, using them to create a 3 ft retaining wall to start a garden, going for the old world feel.

I was very courteous, they let me off with a talking to and that was that. I did tell them I needed more and they would probably find me next week in a different spot! hah! the officer said, well next week go deeper into the desert.

Things are never what they appear at first sight!

Fido said:
I think it is always important to understand the background to tales like this. Here is a little more from Vegas:

Uncle Pete - the rocks were more like small boulders, I'd say about 25, using them to create a 3 ft retaining wall to start a garden, going for the old world feel.

I was very courteous, they let me off with a talking to and that was that. I did tell them I needed more and they would probably find me next week in a different spot! hah! the officer said, well next week go deeper into the desert.

Things are never what they appear at first sight!

Hmmm, with Fido's second post I am now kind of on the authorities' side!!! At first I thought it was a handful of pebbles the chap had been taking. If there was not environmental protection for the area then pretty soon the landscape and local ecosystem would change drastically as builders would be helping themselves. The cop was generous.

Back
Top Bottom