Large soup mug

I suppose something like this would do.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONION-SOUP-MUG_W0QQitemZ140372908784QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Advertising_ET?hash=item20aee09af0#ht_500wt_1182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONION-SOUP-MUG_W0 ... 500wt_1182</a><!-- m -->

Give the asda mug a miss then, its not as thick as what I think you're looking for. It does keep a little heat but only after its sat in boiled water for a bit.

Wilkinson's were doing a large latte mug that could be used for lathering it was about 5-6 cm across don't know if they are still doing it

It's worth looking in a few charity shops next time you're in town. They always seem to have a wide variety of mugs for sale. I got mine that way. It's full of Honeybee Spa Green Tea soap at the moment as I face-lather these days.

antdad said:
Thick walled I'm after for heat retention.

The Mepal Loomm bowl I mentioned some time back does heat retention, if you fill the outer bowl with hot water. I have used it for 2 weeks now, and it keeps the lather warm (not hot, mind you, I guess the lather temperature is somewhere between 25 and 30 degrees C) throughout my shave (3-pass plus touch-ups).

Henk

henkverhaar said:
antdad said:
Thick walled I'm after for heat retention.

The Mepal Loomm bowl I mentioned some time back does heat retention, if you fill the outer bowl with hot water. I have used it for 2 weeks now, and it keeps the lather warm (not hot, mind you, I guess the lather temperature is somewhere between 25 and 30 degrees C) throughout my shave (3-pass plus touch-ups).

Henk

I liked it Henk but just a bit too big for me. Something the size of that Ikea twin walled bowl would be just ideal, maybe I should just drill a hole in it.

[/quote]I liked it Henk but just a bit too big for me. Something the size of that Ikea twin walled bowl would be just ideal, maybe I should just drill a hole in it.[/quote]

I looked for the twin walled one on Ikea's UK site but they only appear to have the single wall version.
maybe I missed something or is it only available in Europe.
Regards, beejay

I liked it Henk but just a bit too big for me. Something the size of that Ikea twin walled bowl would be just ideal, maybe I should just drill a hole in it.[/quote]

I looked for the twin walled one on Ikea's UK site but they only appear to have the single wall version.
Regards, beejay[/quote]

I definitely bought a twin walled bowl from the IKEA Wembley within the last 6 months or so. I'll try and remember the name if not

Henk will know....

antdad said:
I liked it Henk but just a bit too big for me. Something the size of that Ikea twin walled bowl would be just ideal, maybe I should just drill a hole in it.

Regards, beejay[/quote]

I definitely bought a twin walled bowl from the IKEA Wembley within the last 6 months or so. I'll try and remember the name if not

Henk will know....[/quote]

I think they were in the process of being discontinued. I picked up five at a discount, but I find the bowl too small for my routine. When making lather in it, I have to work too hard to keep the lather inside.

Back
Top Bottom