Lab Blue?

2EB7E6C7-618F-48DB-A973-6E3B3742B15E_zps6dxi7l7z.jpg

This is the old and new packaging

Lab Blues ? Have got Personna DE stainless steel blade from Saloon supplies .do not claim to be Lab Blue,are stamped Personna.
But Lab Blue from Connaught, only have made in USA and no logo on them. So may be some doubt whether those from Saloon Supplies are Lab Blues. But after 5 shaves
out of one, for me they are a good blade, at a great price.

I have a box from Connaught and one two from Salon Supply. The only difference is the box. The wrapper is exactly the same, as is what is stamped on the blade.

Dave Q said:
I have a box from Connaught and one two from Salon Supply. The only difference is the box. The wrapper is exactly the same, as is what is stamped on the blade.
My lab blue 5 in plastic dispenser has not got person on them.

mpf9ret said:
Lab Blues ? Have got Personna DE stainless steel blade from Saloon supplies .do not claim to be Lab Blue,are stamped Personna.
But Lab Blue from Connaught, only have made in USA and no logo on them. So may be some doubt whether those from Saloon Supplies are Lab Blues. But after 5 shaves
I think the term "lab blue" is a name given to them by the community to help distinguish them, so it wouldn't have that written on the packaging at all (if that's what you mean by "do not claim to be").

jfzou8.jpg

Do the ones from Connaught look like below? If so they may be Personna "barbers", you'd have to query that with Connaught.

14cra6r.jpg

ravey said:
mpf9ret said:
I think the term "lab blue" is a name given to them by the community to help distinguish them, so it wouldn't have that written on the packaging at all (if that's what you mean by "do not claim to be").

jfzou8.jpg

Do the ones from Connaught look like below? If so they may be Personna "barbers", you'd have to query that with Connaught.

14cra6r.jpg
My Ones fro Connaught are like that in Blank dispenser. But also have Personna " Barbers',which came in Personna labelled plastic dispenser.
But to add to the mystery, do not have name on them.Cannot remember which one`s are more expensive.
All I know is that , USA made Personna are good for me.

I thought that the person a reds shaved no better than the person a ones you can buy in Tesco, ok but struggled with more than a couple of days growth. Not tried the labs yet.

Bilbo said:
I thought that the person a reds shaved no better than the person a ones you can buy in Tesco, ok but struggled with more than a couple of days growth. Not tried the labs yet.

That's because they're the same just rebranded. I much prefer the lab blues.

Lb1 said:
The Personna barbers or platinum chromed are the same as the Personna reds. Lab blues are in a blue wrapper like above.
Not if brought in a dispenser from Connaughts. then there is no blue wrapper. Think this has caused a problem in DE identification.
Not unduly worried as I like what I got in a Box, from saloon supplies . They were in a blue wrapper, under £ 9 per 100 delivered.

mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:
The Personna barbers or platinum chromed are the same as the Personna reds. Lab blues are in a blue wrapper like above.
Not if brought in a dispenser from Connaughts. then there is no blue wrapper. Think this has caused a problem in DE identification.
Not unduly worried as I like what I got in a Box, from saloon supplies . They were in a blue wrapper, under £ 9 per 100 delivered.

They don't come in a dispenser. Are you sure you're not talking about the barber ones like someone else alluded to in an earlier post?

Lb1 said:
mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:

They don't come in a dispenser. Are you sure you're not talking about the barber ones like someone else alluded to in an earlier post?
I am talking about those marketed by Connaughts as Lab Blues ,in quantities of less than 100, they do come in a dispenser. Check out the site.
I had better move from computer, as this seems to have started something, that is not that important. If the Blades you choose to use , suit you , then all is good.

mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:
mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:

I am talking about those marketed by Connaughts as Lab Blues ,in quantities of less than 100, they do come in a dispenser. Check out the site.
I had better move from computer, as this seems to have started something, that is not that important. If the Blades you choose to use , suit you , then all is good.

These are the lab blues advertised by Connaught. No dispenser.

Back
Top Bottom