Knot what was advertised?

I found a cheap source of knots £2-£5 + £1 P&P they were advertised as Badger but on receipt I'd say they are boar. Not unhappy as I like boar but there are definitely 2 types of bristle. An outer stiff layer which is 3 band and definitely Boar and an inner un-dyed core that is finer and softer.

I take it that all badger hair has some ticked colouration? This is a solid creamy beige.

k1dpwy.jpg
2ur860k.jpg

That's been painted, judging by the thickness of bristle I'd say its all boar or something else.
It looks trimmed too so I'd be surprised if there were two different types of hair in there because it's a real pain to make knots with mixed hair, the outside hairs could have been slightly bleached to make it look more like badger. That would be my guess.

Yep pretty sure its all boar, I just have one quite soft badger brush so not much to compare.

I'll knock up a handle for it and break it in, see how it performs.

Well at £3 to my door it was a punt, and not worth getting worked up about!

Had it £15 that would be a different matter, they also have some at £6 delivered and I might even have been annoyed about that.

I'd intended getting a boar knot from Connaught but Paul has stopped selling them.

Jeltz said:
Well at £3 to my door it was a punt, and not worth getting worked up about!

Had it £15 that would be a different matter, they also have some at £6 delivered and I might even have been annoyed about that.

True Jeltz, true! not worth getting angry about..........I hate swindlers though. At work at moment 'business's' going from door to door buying jewellery. I'm sure some of them are legit, also sure some aren't. Old and vulnerable get preyed on and I get a trifle annoyed. Sorry, rant over.

Jeltz said:
I found a cheap source of knots £2-£5 + £1 P&P they were advertised as Badger but on receipt I'd say they are boar.
I suppose you and your friend Mr. Baseball Bat could go round there and discuss the matter - is it far?

SirPrize said:
Jeltz said:
I found a cheap source of knots £2-£5 + £1 P&P they were advertised as Badger but on receipt I'd say they are boar.
I suppose you and your friend Mr. Baseball Bat could go round there and discuss the matter - is it far?
An english gentleman like you, a cricket bat would be more appropriate, no? I'm sure Fido has one or two in his collection he'd lend you ;)

Max

FrenchBlade said:
An english gentleman like you, a cricket bat would be more appropriate, no? I'm sure Fido has one or two in his collection he'd lend you ;)
Max
Wholly inappropriate - a clumsy weapon.
I have always favoured the sawn-off billiard cue.
Good weight, excellent balance and easily concealed.

Back
Top Bottom