King of Shaves - mildly interesting

never used one of these contraptions but according to the sunday paper they've done a deal with Remington to sell the Azor in america in some huge stores including Wal-Mart

King of Shaves is the #3 in the UK's razor handle market behind Gillette and Wilkinson Sword but # 2 in shaving lotions

so what :roll:

i agree, but the interesting part of the article for me(us) was that the blades they use in their razors are made in Japan by Kai who have now bought a minority stake in the company

Rev-O promised a group buy on Kai blades but as usual he's let us down :lol:

Bac in my 'dark days' of shaving I used a gillette fusion (the non vibrating sex toy version) and KOS shaving gel which I thought was at the time was fantastic :roll: . When they brought out the Azor i bought one as I thought that a company that could produce such quality products must know what they are talking about and must be able to produce a really good razor.

I was wrong!

Cheap, nasty flimsy c**p - and thats compared to a fusion by someone who didnt know better even then.

Haven't tried the razor, but I used to use the gel in preference to any of the canned goop stuff. Now I prefer a traditional soap with a brush, but the gel works OK. I'm currently using the oil pre shave, but don't know if it does anything to help. I like the smell...

What Matt said. I used Gillette cartridge razors (various, except the vibrators) for years, started using KOS pre-shave/gel and bought an Azor as well.

Probably the cheapest and nastiest of the cartridge razors, although the replacement cartridges tend to be cheaper than the Gillettes. Shaving has changed beyond recognition for me since discovering DE. And has, despite my best intentions, become more expensive. C'est la vie.

Regards

Ian

I've used there Razor, I wasn't a fan of it after DE shaving. For now it will be a travel razor until i get a travel DE or a new razor and use my 33C as a travel.

One thing I do rate that KoS make is there Menthol Balms. As a menthol fan I find they work really well and sooth any irritation. They also do a antibacterial one with some oil control thingy, i find that works really well with my sensitive skin, no spots, irritation or anything.

The balms are definitely worth a try.

antdad said:
The Azur is like a turkey wishbone, I'll be wishing that someone doesn't buy me one for Xmas.

I prefer this assessment:

andyjreid said:
P.S. Im surprised they didnt tell you that the gel will stick to any blade but it works best with the Azor........... Have you tried out Azor yet?

Well yes I have and it made me feel like a monkey holding a fork.

I've used their balm on and off over several years (in the old white and green packaging) and found it very good - non greasy and soaks right in. Menthol too if you like that.

I stand by my previous statement.

There is nothing in their product line that isn't designed to numb your face.

The Mrs swears by her l'Azor though........

See what KoS did there?

It's pink to boot.

Back
Top Bottom