Key ring / chain / fob

So, the "wallet" thread made me think that I can no longer keep my home / work keys in my front pocket and having a bulky / jingling pile of metal standing our and sometimes poking me when I sit down or drive.

Time to find a "smart" solution.

Frenchblade put in the "kickstar" trip and saw some interesting ideas, but was wondering where you gents keep your keys and what key ring / chain / fob do you use that makes you comfortable ??

Alfred Dunhill, silver or silver-plated (never been good in remembering these things); circa $450 duty free.

Handy if you use valet parking. I don't (avoid at any cost), but still it was one of those nice-to-have accessories...

val3_zpsb88f2659.jpg

val2_zps2e5a7823.jpg

valet_zps37f37c6d.jpg

I have a large Tiffany Key Ring, nine years old now and wouldn't change it for anything. It's Silver and direct from Tiffany, I say that as there are many fakes out there especially on EBay.

[attachment=8023]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374853360.186712.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374853360.186712.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 87
I keep my keys in my briefcase, it's a big bunch that ruins trousers and anything in the pocket so I can't think of an elegant solution other than carrying separately.

undertherazor said:
Unfortunately I have to carry them on me so briefcase / bag is not an option.

Daz, do you have something in mind ? (pic or link ? )

I have a wee experiment in mind, but don't hold off on buying something as it could take me a little while as I have loads of other things on the go just now. I can make a wee sketch over the next couple of days and pm it to you if interested?

Wife's handbag when out together.

I only have 2 keys (door / car), so one in each pocket.

No fobs, no chains, no £700 'everyone, EVERYONE! Look at me' bling, bugger all.

My keys live on the end of not too thick chain with a leather belt loop at one end & a dog clip on the other. I clip the keyring end onto a Price Western leather belt fob which has a leather patch to stop the keys rubbing on the cloth of my trousers.

But then, not having an image I don't have an image problem with bimbling about looking like a superannuated turnkey. (I was going to add that I don't have the odd few hundred squids to invest in a chain or clip, but you've probs guessed that already).

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Carabiner from the local marina supplies shop.
Rover gold plated keyring (which being Rover is wearing off) which was my fathers from when he bought his Rover just before they folded.
1 Car key
1 front door key
1 padlock key
1 £1 coin thingy from the hospice my father passed away in which is ctually quite a useful thing.

If I wasnt such a sentimental old duffer Id have it down to 2 keys and a carabiner.

The front door key shares a ring with the (huge) car key, and had a little leather pouch it zips into to protect pockets from it.

The keys for my gym live in the gym bag.

My work keys and pass card have a little separate wallet thing that was about a fiver. I only carry them while at work, and the house/car keys get locked in a drawer.

Had a few made by this guy:

http://www.classicleatherfobs.co.uk/

This is very nice (have a plain one on a personlised Swiss Army Knife). The leather is over 200 years old and smells really smokey:

http://www.classicleatherfobs.co.uk/special-leathers.html

a ladies zip purse for house/locker keys/works pass...also stops all your change falling out of your pocket if you have to climb ladders. People laugh until they lose their change and can't buy a bacon butty at break time.

Back
Top Bottom