Keto Help!?

Sleep or lack of it hasn't affected me foodwise;
the only real difficulty has been people offering food
that I couldn't eat! Also cravings for the stuff I'm avoiding.
Some of those cravings do stem from sleep deprivation, though, and it isn't always an immediate follow-up.

Slight Update.
Just seen my diabetic nurse.
She says I'm no longer diabetic!
Still slugging away with the keto...
I've had to punch five extra holes in my belt.

That is very good news!

I guess there's a challenge now, which can also be fun, to figure out how to turn what you have been doing into something that you can do for the rest of your life without it "being on a diet".

Well done!

Slight Update.
Just seen my diabetic nurse.
She says I'm no longer diabetic!
Still slugging away with the keto...
I've had to punch five extra holes in my belt.
This is very good news, congratulations!

I just saw this thread for the first time today. I was in nutritional ketosis for a number of years, not long ago. One pointer in case it's of interest to anyone is that consuming too much protein can kick you out of ketosis.

If I were to go ketogenic again, which I may, I would aim for very low carbs, moderate protein and high fat. I think it's a good idea to eat plenty of fibrous food too.

Edit: and if transitioning into a ketogenic diet consider that the body could do with some extra salt. Apparently it can make a big difference in terms of how crappy you feel if you make sure to consume extra. I remember drinking bouillon for this purpose.

I've been doing "mostly keto" but primarily OMAD since february. I also stopped alcohol -- I mostly wanted to lose weight. I was size 44, I'm now size 34!
By Mostly Keto I meant that I very occasionally have rice, but no potatoes, pasta bread etc. I might re-introduce some bread soon, as I used to make my own bread and I miss it!

Back
Top Bottom