Kent Infinity 2 shave brush

Just a bit of advice, Im thinking of adding the Kent Infinity2 brush to my collection, it has a 25mm knot and priced currently at £24. I've been told that the brush hasn't got much 'backbone' and I would be better off getting a Simpsons T4 synthetic for a few £pounds more.
I will get a Simpsons at some point , but I'm attracted to the design of the Kent handle and I want a Kent in the arsenal.
I've looked at the Infinity1 (22mm) knot at £10.50, the Infinity3 & BK4S (22mm) both at £25 each and the BK12s (30mm) at £35. I think the infinity2 comes out all round better.

I have one of these (INF2) and find that there is sufficient backbone for a firm lather without slinging the soap all over the place! It works well on hard British triple-milled soaps, for example.The fibre is a bit scritchier than INF1 (which I also have) and quite a lot scritchier than many modern badger-like synthetic fibres - certainly more so than Muhle Silvertip Fibre. In all, the effect is probably akin to a lowly Pure Badger. If I want to give my face a good scrubbing, I'll pick a boar ... or this. I like it! It's not like many other synthetics out there. Likewise, I like the shape and the knot size is just perfect for the handle.

I have one of these (INF2) and find that there is sufficient backbone for a firm lather without slinging the soap all over the place! It works well on hard British triple-milled soaps, for example.The fibre is a bit scritchier than INF1 (which I also have) and quite a lot scritchier than many modern badger-like synthetic fibres - certainly more so than Muhle Silvertip Fibre. In all, the effect is probably akin to a lowly Pure Badger. If I want to give my face a good scrubbing, I'll pick a boar ... or this. I like it! It's not like many other synthetics out there. Likewise, I like the shape and the knot size is just perfect for the handle.
Thank you for that, I was waiting for someone to let me know about the infinity 2 brush and have something good to say about it. I don't do Badger knots and I'm not really au fait with what type of Badger knots there is. I think having a Kent (or any well known make) as part of the collection is a nice thing, at the moment, I'm getting way too many (Chinese made) Custom Boti brushes...

Likewise, I'm very much NOT a badger user - I don't actually have any, but aware of the grades and to put into context here, often synthetic fibre is aimed at alternatives to badger grades (Muhle Silvertip Fibre is clearly marketed as a Silvertip badger alternative, for example).

You'll find the Kent is quite different to the current Chinese fibres, all of which are nowadays geared at a super-soft experience. Again, the INF2 has a really good scritch (scrubbiness) and is quite traditional in its feel. I also think the INF2 is set just a tad deeper into the handle than the synthetic BK models, so less floppy/sloppy. I like mine a lot!

Back
Top Bottom