kent bk8 going bald

Kev,

I don't have experience with Kent but Badgers I've used during initial "break-in" didn't shed that much. 2 at best but not 5 per shave. If you're using it daily for past couple weeks then something's wrong. You lost more than I did using a VDH Boar-these are well known to shed profusely.

SiR-ed8 said:
Curious bout your initial impressions, how's density? Is it scrubby? Shaft stiff enough or is it flaccid?
It's nice quite dence not scrubby at all i know many people believe these are a floppy brush but i find it fine more than up too the job :D

Great it's working out. How would you describe the shaft? Is it springy or too stiff. In other words it's good enough for piston loading from puck as well as face lather or do you paint to and fro after bowl lather which really makes no difference? I have 40033 but quite shorter loft so I'm familiar with the tips.

I checked Shoebox's site and list it as:
Ht: 121 mm Loft: 64 mm Base: 57 mm Knot: 27 mm

The loft was what hindered me from picking one up as the 310xx series are only ones I have that range from 59-62 mm. I stopped bowl lathering awhile ago and only do so when using Barber brushes. Now having few of them reckon I may as well pick this up. Boreal 977 is one set at 65 mm and exceptional performance it has. Shedder at first but once you get that outta the way it's awesome.

Are you planning on picking up more Omega, Vulfix or others?

Back
Top Bottom