kent bk4 or Simpsons Duke 3

Which of these brushes are more suitable for soaps?

It will be my first and only brush for the near future.
Or do you guys have any alternatives? I'm willing to spend up to £50.

Thanks

A Duke 3 in Best is an excellent all round brush but at ~£70 exceeds your budget, the Pure version I don't know about, traditionally Pure hair has been a little prickly whereas the BK4 will certainly be softer and less dense by comparison.

I'd still go for the Duke but if you can hold tight until Fido reissues his 2201 that would be a good choice.

+1

The difference between the BK4 and Duke 3 in Best is certainly justifiable in the £20-£24 price difference. The Duke is an outstanding all rounder with both soaps and creams.

BUT if you can hold on a while like antdad has suggested, you could pick up what is probably one of the best value for money brushes out their in the NFB2201.

Keep your eyes peeled here or better still follow Fidos brush blog for any news regarding this.

Neo and Henk also make great brushes if you are after a custom job.

I very much like the BK4 and find that it works surprisingly well on just about anything. Nonetheless, it certainly is a very soft brush indeed, so I'd echo what has been said above. Fido's 2201 was by far the best value for money brush I've bought, so holding out for a New Forest makes sense.

Thanks for your replies.

I've got my first straight razor coming in from the post soonish.

I guess I can wait for a New Forest brush. Is there somewhere I can put my name down?
I've read the other post, it seems like the old version was snapped up pretty quickly.

Mockingbird said:
Thanks for your replies.

I've got my first straight razor coming in from the post soonish.

I guess I can wait for a New Forest brush. Is there somewhere I can put my name down?
I've read the other post, it seems like the old version was snapped up pretty quickly.

Check your private messages!

Back
Top Bottom