Keeping Your Shirt Tucked In

Was reading the socks thread earlier and saw this post by @PhilD

It reminded me of a shirt stay that I have. Although I mostly use this one now.

I bought these a few years back as I was getting really annoyed at how untidy my shirt was when it started billowing around my waist while I was working. They actually really work.

I have though now discovered that getting my shirts tailored makes a world of difference to their overall appearance when worn.

Anyone else have any ways of keeping their shirts tucked in?

First heard of shirt stays sometime in the 1990s when we had a CHP Trooper visiting. Seems they're obligatory for trainee troopers at the academy. When we had voluminous, baggy shirt tails we took a tip from the RCS and prior to pulling up and fastening our riding breeches we pulled the tails out to each side, folded the excess back at the waist behind our bottoms then pulled up and fastened the breeches. Flash guys got a couple of darts tailored in at the rear to afford a nice waisted look.

JohnnyO. o/

The belt style shirt stay has a lot of reviews on US Amazon from cadets in academies. So what you say about the trooper makes sense

Truthfully, we thought he was just winding us up with a bit of Highway Patrol humour for the first couple of hours. But at around 6'5", 17 stone and built like a bodybuilder when he started to get annoyed we surely took him seriously !

JohnnyO. o/

The first version of a shirt stay (connecting your shirt to your socks) seems way OTT for me and it'd be worried about ending up like a string puppet that got tangled.
The second version (the silicone belt) sounds feasible. @barberbob , does belt not feel hot and/or sweaty?

I always am tucking in my shirt at work as my shirt rides up. It's made worse because I wear an undershirt due to the freezing air-con in the office. Usually both my shirt and undershirt ride up and my trousers in the opposite direction.

Not to seem unsophisticated in the ways of world but.... Aren't they problematical when you need to sit on a toilet[emoji33]??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trousers with a rubber ring around the inside of the belt line. Sorted. My last three, if not four suits have had this feature. It's a little odd at first, but fit and forget.

Did you get the rubber ring put in or did you buy them like that. They sound really good.

does belt not feel hot and/or sweaty?

No, cant say it does. In fact I never really realise its on.

Not to seem unsophisticated in the ways of world but.... Aren't they problematical when you need to sit on a toilet[emoji33]??

Basically if I have had a kebab the night before I try not to wear it, lol

Not heard of these things before. Sound jolly uncomfortable. Even though my neck size (16.5) is large relative to the rest of my body (40R) and hence my shirt bodies are large, I don't have a problem with my shirts staying tucked in neatly. I do, however, buy tailored fit shirts whenever I can, which makes the body of my shirt closer to my body size.

Back
Top Bottom