Karve Daily Shaving Set

Thinking about getting a brass Karve set, and after some advice from those who have a Christopher Bradley already. I can choose 3 plates from:

AA - gap = 0.47mm / exposure = negative 0.07mm
A - gap = 0.60mm / exposure = negative 0.02mm
B - gap = 0.73mm / exposure = zero
C - gap = 0.85mm / exposure = positive 0.09mm
D - gap = 0.98mm / exposure = positive 0.13mm
E - gap = 1.10mm / exposure = positive 0.17mm
F - gap = 1.23mm / exposure = positive 0.22mm
G - gap = 1.36mm / exposure = positive 0.25mm

Default options is B, C & D.

My usual rotation includes R41s, ES Outlaw, Flatboy, 3ONE6, Rockwell 6S (plates 5 & 6). So, I like a more aggressive / efficient razor.

I was thinking I might go for plates B (to have a milder plate as backup, just in case), E (which I imagine will be quite efficient) and maybe a C which sits right then muddle of these 2.

Does these about right to those who know, or would perhaps B, D & F be a better selection?

Thanks....

Last edited:
The Karve CB with the D-SB plate still remains my top razor. I've tried all the plates and have kept a few for the various metal types I own: stainless, aluminium and brass plated in gold (yep, I think I'm some kind of rockstar).

The brass plates are cheap from Karve so adding a couple of extra at the point of this purchase may be a smart move. I'm not normally an open comb fan but the CB OC plates are very comfortable for me. Looking at your preference for assertive razors, I don't think you need to drop below a D plate. SB-D, E and F plus OC-D will probably give you everything you could want.

I also enjoy the 3one6. As a reference point, this feels somewhere between an SB-D and E plate for me. I also wouldn't describe myself as a fan of overly assertive razors.

Can you get an open comb plate as part of the Daily Shaver Kit? Do you have to contact them or something?

It seems you can.

I emailed yesterday to change the order to the wider top xap and also confirmed my plate choice. They've replied saying everything is in stock and I've just had confirmation of postage!

It seems you can.

I emailed yesterday to change the order to the wider top xap and also confirmed my plate choice. They've replied saying everything is in stock and I've just had confirmation of postage!
Which email address did you use? I've made an enquiry but not had a response.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom