Kai Captain Blades - What's the actual difference?

I'm considering trying some Kai AC blades but wanted to get your opinions on the different blades - they're a confusing lineup.

I understand that there is the Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) that is a modern offering and it also comes in a guarded form as the Protouch MG. There's also the Kai Captain (Blue) which I'm assuming is an older blade model. How do these actually shave though? Is the Pink a 'mild' blade as the name suggests? Is the Blue the sharper offering? I get on with the Feather Pro and the Schick Proline, not so much the Pro Super. Is there a comparison there?

Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) are my preferred blade, smooth and sharp in all razors I've used. The Protouch MG are also excellent blades, I never noticed much shaving difference between. Also the Pinks are cheaper and come in 20 blade cartridge, opposed to the Progaurds 15 blade cartridge

Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) are my preferred blade, smooth and sharp in all razors I've used. The Protouch MG are also excellent blades, I never noticed much shaving difference between. Also the Pinks are cheaper and come in 20 blade cartridge, opposed to the Progaurds 15 blade cartridge
Have you ever tried the Captain Blue blades? These:

Captain-Original-002_1024x1024.jpg

Thank you to the kind chaps above - I now have some Pinks and MGs inbound to try which will certainly help my decision making.

I'm still interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has tried the Blue blades above and how they compare to the Pinks.

I will be the odd man out and say that if you want a smooth SE experience just buy a vintage Schick injector razor as they are plentiful & cheap. It's one of the shallowest "rabbit holes" in all of shavedom. Better yet, they are maneuverable and don't need 40 acres of face to turn around. ;)

I will be the odd man out and say that if you want a smooth SE experience just buy a vintage Schick injector razor as they are plentiful & cheap. It's one of the shallowest "rabbit holes" in all of shavedom. Better yet, they are maneuverable and don't need 40 acres of face to turn around. ;)
One step ahead - I already have an E and L Schick. Sold the M adjustable as it was a little too mild for me.

I have both AC/SE, Injectors , Vintage SE and enjoy the different Shaving experience they offer. Given up totally on DE.

Back
Top Bottom