Just paid for a straight....!

AJP

Well, that is it, i have just paid for a straight and a strop for Neil - following his advice all the way.
ErnstMelchen-Vintage.jpg

Vintage german Solingen razor made by Ernst Melchen

Miller3.jpg

Neils pictures (thankyou).

Not sure why i needed to post this....except that i am quite excited :D

Hopefully next weekend or so i can try my 1st ever shave! (I'll be warning the local ambulance service...just in case ;) )

A plain and simple looking razor. To me it looks better than a £200 gold etching horn handled Dovo.
Good luck with the shave.

That's similar to the strop that I had. Nice and wide. What is the point of having a strop narrower than the width of the blade. Why make it difficult.

Ian

lexx said:
... a £200 gold etching horn handled Dovo.
or alternatively:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=BO140500DAM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... O140500DAM</a><!-- m -->

I posted that before when Fido said he was thinking about buying another straight. Shortly afterwards he started the expansion programme for the Internationally Significant Shaving Brush Collection. What with him disposing of some of the exhibits now, maybe he'll be tempted ...

My straight collection is three. It's staying that way. When I have slowed down a bit and stay around the house a bit more, a leisurely shave may be one of the few pleasures left! So I must keep all options open.

I have been tempted. A PJ2 2 band super is on it's way. Another blog post will follow. That's it. Honest. Or perhaps.....

Will look forward to Tony's report on his early straight shaves.

Arrowhead said:
Ah, what's the worst that can happen?
Well for one thing, I've decided never to straight shave in the nude. I don't know exactly what protection my undercrackers would give my goalie if I dropped a straight while shaving, but psychologically I feel much better for wearing them.

Am I going to start off a whole "do you shave in the nudd" thing here?

Back
Top Bottom