July 2022 Acquisitions

AKA Brushworx 26mm Synthetic G5C Knot Milky Wqy Resin Handle

XSj2xx9.png
Oh, I've just felt brush envy, a lovely looking brush!

Paul.

2FA7CB7C-E3B8-41B4-B93B-DD8A56C9CF2E.jpeg
It arrived yesterday and one shave in and I can tell it’s a keeper, £20 for an adjustable razor, that despite quite a bit of blade exposure is surprisingly smooth and mild on setting’s 2+3. The head is small enough to get under my nose easily, it feels well made, what’s not to like! Now if they’d just drop the brass version £20-30 it would have been a no brainer!

9E3AF303-9FFB-472F-A2F8-3FEC88759A68.jpeg
My haul from PAA via a friend and sister visiting them in Chicago has arrived! The Future fiction is amazing and has the punch I hoped it would, the awesome sauce is equally strong. Not tried the star jelly yet, the Garden of Bali is strong but not quite what I thought it would be, I will reserve judgment though until my first use.

The package from "yourshaving" ESP has arrived safely and without any foot-padery from Customs or RM.
I have to say it's a good looking, well made, well presented razor for under £30. I am over the moon with the SOC Butterscotch Boar, I just need to get it looking like my TAJ.
It's had a shampoo and I will get a few test lathers before full use.
20220722_183804.jpg

The package from "yourshaving" ESP has arrived safely and without any foot-padery from Customs or RM.
I have to say it's a good looking, well made, well presented razor for under £30. I am over the moon with the SOC Butterscotch Boar, I just need to get it looking like my TAJ.
It's had a shampoo and I will get a few test lathers before full use.
View attachment 90988
I am very tempted by the Butterscotch Soc but I already have the Taj Ash and Cherry wood versions.....we shall see:unsure:

View attachment 90983

Refinery post shave balm, I have the Refinery shave oil and found this at a good price so I had to give it a go!

Paul.
Nice. I like the scent of the Refinery stuff. A few years ago the Hotmetalette treated me to a massage and shavette shave session at the Refinery in London. That was memorable for two reasons. It was the first and only time I have had a professional shave, and sowed the seed of straight razor shaving in my head even though technically it was a shavette. And the masseuse insisted I remove all! Blush.

Nice. I like the scent of the Refinery stuff. A few years ago the Hotmetalette treated me to a massage and shavette shave session at the Refinery in London. That was memorable for two reasons. It was the first and only time I have had a professional shave, and sowed the seed of straight razor shaving in my head even though technically it was a shavette. And the masseuse insisted I remove all! Blush.
All you clothing! What was she wearing? :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom