July 2020 acquisitions

Ordered two 180g soaps from @BrianH ,Leodis & Vectis along with a bar of dog shampoo for my wee dug, Mac.
Brian later contacted me to say that he didn't have the 180g Leodis in stock at the moment and would I like to choose another, being Scottish I went for Caledonia. To my delight he then said that he had a 70g Leodis that he would include along with one of his aftershaves......SO GENEROUS !!!
View attachment 57146
The soaps smell great as does the Aftershave

Nice speaking with you Brian and once again, thanks for the extra soap and splash.

Ordered yesterday, delivered today. ..How's that for service !!!(y)
Top service, top bloke! Bloody good soaps too! :) P.

Ordered two 180g soaps from @BrianH ,Leodis & Vectis along with a bar of dog shampoo for my wee dug, Mac.
Brian later contacted me to say that he didn't have the 180g Leodis in stock at the moment and would I like to choose another, being Scottish I went for Caledonia. To my delight he then said that he had a 70g Leodis that he would include along with one of his aftershaves......SO GENEROUS !!!
View attachment 57146
The soaps smell great as does the Aftershave

Nice speaking with you Brian and once again, thanks for the extra soap and splash.

Ordered yesterday, delivered today. ..How's that for service !!!(y)

I had a delivery from Brian as well today and used the soap for my shave, it really is the best.

If you're bored then I'd recommend cutting a small chunk of the dog shampoo for cleaning out your shaving brush, I've tried it with a few of mine and it seems to have done a pretty good job!

I had a delivery from Brian as well today and used the soap for my shave, it really is the best.

If you're bored then I'd recommend cutting a small chunk of the dog shampoo for cleaning out your shaving brush, I've tried it with a few of mine and it seems to have done a pretty good job!

Thanks Donnie, I'll cut a chunk off,I'm sure he won't mind. (y)

A copper R2 handle arrived from Carbon Shaving to go with the Mokume-gane brass head.
eJHg8WN.jpg
WZr7bv1.jpg

Mail call from Smart Helix Razors. You have to be impressed with the packaging to start with, once you pop the lid it gets even better, this razor is well designed and made, the knurling and bands give fantastic grip and it has a great weight and balance to it, can't wait to try out the two plates which fully cover the blade and the head has a nice low profile look to it.108687101_3442906605741269_8686300814343151679_o.jpg109514218_3442906022407994_3909206636597102630_o.jpg110053332_3442906289074634_7945337274807282145_o.jpg110725103_3442905822408014_717401424065459145_o.jpg

Your collection amazes me when one considers the amount of gear you have be selling alone. I bet that is only but a drop in the ocean compared to your total :oops:

I've downsized a fair bit recently and have sold off most of my vintage Gillette's as well as the tallow soaps. The collection got to 100+ razors and 80+ brushes at one stage but is down to a much more manageable number now. :)

Birthday gifts, Thater handle with Maggards synth knot brush from the BST, and handmade Mach 3 handle from Etsy. Already got a black & red swirl one but had to get this lime swirl one when I saw it. I know not everyone likes fancy handles for cartridges, but I like it and (that's) all that matters!

View attachment 57226
I too recently got a handmade Mach 3 handle from Etsy...green marbly sort of pattern in varnished wood. I love tarting up a bog standard cartridge with a personal handle! (y) ;)

A&E Kaizen arrived today. Not had a chance to shave with it yet. Smells amazing. Wife off to hairdressers in an hour so will probably feature in my SOTD later on. Also picked up a bottle of mineral oil for the fatboy. Need to keep the old boy squeak free and well lubricated. Bit like myself really.

Back
Top Bottom