Journals

AJP

Afternoon all,

I have been lurking within the stationary threadds here and am a member across at FPN too as Fountain Pens (and the requisite inks) are becoming yet another hobby alongside shaving! :icon_rolleyes:

I have just taken delivery of an Earthworks wrap-around journal (here) - no affiliation, just a very satidsfied customer.

I was woondering whether any of my TSR colleagues kept a journal and what type of thing they document?

Cheers all,

I did try once - my maternal grandfather kept a diary almost every day (except for his stint in hospital following a heart attack when I was a nipper) from WWII through to his passing in 1995 - but I found it heavy going somehow and gave up.

I had a record of every Karate, Kobujutsu and Judo lesson and course I taught or trained on for a period of about 6 years.

This was at a time when I was training 5 to 7 days a week up to and beyond my Nidan (second Dan) grading in Karate.

I started off using any old note book, then transferred everything to Black & Red books.

I dabbled with Moleskines but didn't really like them for that (but I do use one at work).

joe mcclaine said:
I dabbled with Moleskines but didn't really like them for that (but I do use one at work).

I also have one at work, though they are utter cack with fountain pens! I have recently bought a Leuchtturm 1917 notebook to have a go - looking at it i think there will be some show-through, but i can deal with that, the Moleskine feathers and bleeds like a burst artery!
I also bought the Leuchtturm Ex Libris notebook - a book reviewing type thing which i quite like the idea of - totally idle as there is nothing stopping me from using any FP friendly notebook to do the same, but it does have some quite nice features though - so for that reason, if you like reading and can never remember whether you have read a certain book etc, i recommend it.

As leather bound journals go, i honestly think Earthworks are really good value for money - made by hand to order with updates by email throughout. Don't be too worried about the "recycled paper", it looks and feels really nice and is as advertised fountain pen friendly.
As i said above, i'm in no way affiliated to them, but i am a very satisfied customer and would use them again.

I am toying with the idea of contacting Rod Neep and buying one of his homemade pens as they look really nice!

Back
Top Bottom