Jon Foreman EP's

Any of you lot heard (or even heard of) Jon Foreman? He's the frontman with big American stadium rockers "Switchfoot", a multi-platinum Christian band. (Yuk, yuk, and yuk.)

All of which, by rights, ought to make his solo stuff awful.

And yet he's put out four EP's (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) of intelligent, interesting and infectious lo-fi blues-folk: tunes that stay with you all day and lyrics that make you think and feel differently about yourself, God and the world.

By far the best music I got last year, you can hear it on Spotify. I'd say it was real music for blokes who like a real shave. Let me know what you think.

I think the nearest this band has come to pain and suffering is if there were a hair out of place.

switchfoot-stort-billede.jpg

Let me remind the House, Mr Speaker, that I in no way condone pretty American boys or any such bands as they may be in.

("Hear hear" "Order, order")

Too late Rev, the terriers have smelled a rat.

They are ever so slightly unkempt, perfect fantasy fodder for 14 year old christian girls.
Oooohhh, ahhhhh, I'm all moist, he doesn't shave and his hair is long.

Ehhh? I was thinking along the lines of...

"Don't touch me there Father",

"How did I get I pregnant when I didn't have sex",

"Don't blame him it was the Holy Ghost"

"He told me there'll be a second coming"

... just my filthy repressed Catholic upbringing.

Christian Rock? As in electric tambourines? That sounds like fun.

Have to say that the band member in the top right of the photo bears an uncanny resemblance to the straighter-than-straight ex-footballer Graeme Le Saux.

Back
Top Bottom