Joined the Gang

I'm now going down the very same rabbit hole!
It really is a fun hole.
I really must stop now and try and consolidate.
I moved away from the DEs quite quickly. I think I like the more solid blade (or something)
Rather liked the SEs, shims etc is all rather fun.
But then realised injectors worked (cheers Billy)
I keep trying to spend some time with my SEs and decide what to keep and what to move on, but now I have a PAL adjustable...... So many shaves such little stubble.......

Ive not yet taken delivery of my first SE. No idea about shimming, will look that up. How many shaves do you typically expect from a SE blade? Also do you guys flip the blade?

About 5 days for me, and no, I don't flip the GEM blades. I just rinse the razor and blade, shake it dry and hang it up till the next shave. When I change theblades I give the razor a good clean with soap and water and pat dry. There's really no involved maintenance required as far as I can see, these are very straightforward pieces of kit. Just enjoy.

JohnnyO. o/

About 5 days for me, and no, I don't flip the GEM blades. I just rinse the razor and blade, shake it dry and hang it up till the next shave. When I change theblades I give the razor a good clean with soap and water and pat dry. There's really no involved maintenance required as far as I can see, these are very straightforward pieces of kit. Just enjoy.

JohnnyO. o/
Straightforward is what I want to hear

Been reading some threads and you all seem to rave about SE/Injectors so I've taken the plunge and ordered one of them Gems for a few pounds.What could possibly go wrong
Using crapatalk so hard to see your avatar but going on your username I guess it's David Sylvian. Japan, one of my favourite bands! I remember continually emptying the bar in the Nottingham Knight back in the early 80s by putting Burning Bridges on the juke box...I know, it was on a juke box!!

Could someone please inform me if SE razors hold the blade more firmly than newer stainless steel DE razors (for example blackbird and ATT) also how the SE blade differs in face feel from that of a straight razor.

Could someone please inform me if SE razors hold the blade more firmly than newer stainless steel DE razors (for example blackbird and ATT) also how the SE blade differs in face feel from that of a straight razor.
I haven't used a Stainless DE..But the Gem SE Blades are more rigid than DE Blades & that's the Crux of the matter..They are less likely to have any give in them because they are more rigid..Injector SE Blades are even more Rigid than Gem Blades and those will not flex in a month of Sundays..Superior to a Gem Blade SE in everyway in my humble opinion..;)

As far as Comparing them to the Feel of a Straight well..Nothing like a Straight Razor to be honest..If you want an SE that has the Feeling of a Hollow Ground Straight then you have the option of Hollow Ground Blade SEs..See my thread on SEs that use Hollow Ground Blades..:D
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/shaving-with-an-se-wedge-blade.35067/

Billy

I haven't used a Stainless DE..But the Gem SE Blades are more rigid than DE Blades & that's the Crux of the matter..They are less likely to have any give in them because they are more rigid..Injector SE Blades are even more Rigid than Gem Blades and those will not flex in a month of Sundays..Superior to a Gem Blade SE in everyway in my humble opinion..;)

As far as Comparing them to the Feel of a Straight well..Nothing like a Straight Razor to be honest..If you want an SE that has the Feeling of a Hollow Ground Straight then you have the option of Hollow Ground Blade SEs..See my thread on SEs that use Hollow Ground Blades..:D
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/shaving-with-an-se-wedge-blade.35067/

Billy
Thanks Billy monkey avoided :)

I'd love to enable you Nishster, however F/Billy is pretty much spot on for me. When I started with a straight I used to use it on my cheeks and neck, SE on my upper and lower lip areas. Couldn't quantify the feel of the shaved areas exactly, however nothing quite feels like the velvety surface the straight has passed over.

JohnnyO. o/

Using crapatalk so hard to see your avatar but going on your username I guess it's David Sylvian. Japan, one of my favourite bands! I remember continually emptying the bar in the Nottingham Knight back in the early 80s by putting Burning Bridges on the juke box...I know, it was on a juke box!!
Good to meet another fan. There aren't many of us around

Massively underrated then and now. Heard a track played on 6 music last week and it really stood the test of time
I think I'll pop Tin Drum on the turntable later, it's due an outing

Back
Top Bottom