John & William Ragg Straight**Completed**

Up for sale is a 6/8th Hollow Ground John & William Ragg razor. The razor needs honing but as you can see from the pics it is tight in the scales. The scales are in good condition with no cracks. The razor is marked Napoleon and Made in Sheffield and does not mention England on it. It has Hollow Ground etched on the blade. The blade has a slight smile to it (not a bad thing)
The only fault, (if you can call it that) is that a long time a go it has had about 1/4" ground off the tip.
It comes in a coffin case from Thomas Turner (another Sheffield maker).
So a good razor from a reputable maker, nice piece of English history.
£17.00 in P/P fees and P&P.
[attachment=3349]
[attachment=3348]
[attachment=3354]

I am open to sensible offers on this one.
If you need anymore info PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 18
RE: John & William Ragg Striaght

Nice looking blade, little wear it seems too... My parents had the insane idea to name me Napoleon when I was born, they must have been on drugs! I would of course be dead by now, since the kids in my school would have taken care of that, if I would have had that name. I like to think it was my late fathers good sense of humour behind the idea, but even though the early, it still was the sixties and there where a lot of drugs around ...

GL with the sale!

RE: John & William Ragg Striaght

Mikael said:
Nice looking blade, little wear it seems too... My parents had the insane idea to name me Napoleon when I was born, they must have been on drugs! I would of course be dead by now, since the kids in my school would have taken care of that, if I would have had that name. I like to think it was my late fathers good sense of humour behind the idea, but even though the early, it still was the sixties and there where a lot of drugs around ...

GL with the sale!

Thanks Mikael, it is good to have some input from a straight user. As you know I am more of a DE man myself. On the subject of parents and naming of children i think sometimes they do have some wacky ideas..........:angel::angel:
Steve

Back
Top Bottom