Jogger.

A black man goes to the doctor because he can't stop running on the spot. Doc puts a line of white powder on the desk and says "Snort that and it will slow you down".
So the guy snorts it and it stops him jogging. "Good stuff" he says. "Is it coke?"
"No, you stupid black bastard - it's Persil, it stops colours running".

The little boy says
10.gif

Strange how jokes against the Irish no one bats an eyelid yet heaven forbid, anyone jokes about skin colour and it is a whole different ball game.
There's a joke or 2 flying around about the Pakistani kid from Oldham but I best not post on here as it seems people will get the wrong idea.

Fair enough, but I think there's probably a difference, but at the moment I'm not feeling articulate enough to explain my point of view. Maybe after dinner! :hungrig

I am also aware that this area of the forum is one that could cause offence, so I am not wishing to start a mass debate on the subject like with Flatfish's complaint.

Jeltz said:
For me its the line

No, you stupid black bastard

which oversteps the line in the sand, but each to their own.

It was worse than that I assure you but I thought I had better change it. Don't blame me, not one of my jokes. My best mate is a black lad and he has told me a few 'black' jokes but I probably won't post anymore on here if they could offend, mind you, it does say 'Enter at your own risk'

I'm not offended by it I'm white and of the generation where that kind of joke isn't shocking.

In essence the joke has some humour, its a play on words, all I did was say it was racist, which it is :p

teabag said:
Strange how jokes against the Irish no one bats an eyelid yet heaven forbid, anyone jokes about skin colour and it is a whole different ball game.
There's a joke or 2 flying around about the Pakistani kid from Oldham but I best not post on here as it seems people will get the wrong idea.

Not a bad joke that isnt. Ive had it aswell.

I dont post some of them on here though. I think some that i get sent are too strong and people on here wouldnt find them funny.
Im not a racist though.

The comment on the Irish not taking offence isnt completely right. Some do. Most see the funny side.
It would be like gyposies taking offence to some jokes. Like the Caravan Utilizing Nomadic Travellers joke that went around ;)

hunnymonster said:
1gear said:
It would be like gyposies taking offence to some jokes. Like the Caravan Utilizing Nomadic Travellers joke that went around ;)

Or indeed "Those Thieving Gypsy Bastards" in Viz, which was followed up next issue with "Those Oh-so-nice Romany People".

Except not all gypsy's are from Romania.....

Most English Gypsies are believed to come from India originally, and have arrived here over 500 years ago. They are called Romany Gypsies, but I'm not sure if that has any connection with Romania.
In my experience, it is quite unusual (although not unheard of) for either Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers and New Travellers to mix at all....albeit they might get confused in the public's perception.

It would work better if the central pun wasn't so weak (Persil stops colours running, not coloureds - which is a word that is never used anymore anyway.)

With a better pun and language that was >30 yrs old I might have given a guilty grin. Racist jokes need to be really good to justify the telling as they are inherently naughty and only a very clever one will pass my threshold. Really really clever ones subvert the genre, as here:

A building site foreman won't hire Irish "Murphies".

So when Paddy comes looking for a job the foreman says: what's the difference between a girder and a joist?

"That's easy, so it is" says Paddy

"Goethe wrote Faust and Joyce wrote Ulysses"

Back
Top Bottom