Jikoryen Shaving Soap Stick

Has anyone come across this shaving stick before?

Jikoryen.jpg

I've sent the seller a message, to see if it has the same ingredients list as Arko.

When I first started this hobby, there were a number of different Turkish shaving sticks, eg Camelot, that all had the guy with a face full of lather as a picture. All those sticks are now gone. It seems like this one could be a new one.

Has anyone come across this shaving stick before?

View attachment 102922

I've sent the seller a message, to see if it has the same ingredients list as Arko.

When I first started this hobby, there were a number of different Turkish shaving sticks, eg Camelot, that all had the guy with a face full of lather as a picture. All those sticks are now gone. It seems like this one could be a new one.
Where did you find these Shubs?

Paul.

I can't find them, please may I have a link?

Cheers,

Paul.

£20 for a box of 12. Which might be good value, but it could be Arko. Some Turkish shaving soaps are just rebranded versions of other soaps, eg More for You = Derby.

If it is Arko, it is over priced as you can get 12 sticks for about a tenner.

£20 for a box of 12. Which might be good value, but it could be Arko. Some Turkish shaving soaps are just rebranded versions of other soaps, eg More for You = Derby.

If it is Arko, it is over priced as you can get 12 sticks for about a tenner.
Cheers mate, I've also asked for an ingredient list and asked if they were rebranded Arko sticks.

Paul.

I'm yet to hear from them and I don't think I will.

There is a thread on B&B for this soap and someone has already placed an order and is waiting for it to be delivered.

I'm hoping they will post a picture of the ingredients list when they have it in their hands.

I'm yet to hear from them and I don't think I will.

There is a thread on B&B for this soap and someone has already placed an order and is waiting for it to be delivered.

I'm hoping they will post a picture of the ingredients list when they have it in their hands.
You thinking rebranded ARKO, Shubs?

I just shaved with a stick of this soap earlier today and got a good shave.

My stick is wrapped in a waxy paper that I couldn’t peel. Cut it down with some scissors enough to expose enough stick to face lather with.

I’d say this soap is slightly softer than Arko. So for those that like to press a stick into a mug should have no problems with that.

It’s scent is similar to Derby. But a notch or two stronger. That may be to it being a new stick.

Wet my face and the soap and rubbed the stick on my face. It didn’t take much time to load the soap on my face. I think that is because it’s a little softer soap.

Used a fairly wet Semouge 830 brush as Turkish soaps seem to be able to handle a little extra water with no issues. This may not be the case so much with this brand. I got a quick lather, but it wasn’t as dense and cushiony as Arko or Derby. But I think it may be less drying on the skin than Arko/Derby. No tight face feeling or irritation when finished either. Kind of a slick powdery/talc post shave feel. sort of like La Toja gives me.

I didn’t get the closest shave. I think my blade was at the point were it needed to be replaced. Maybe if I use a little less water I’ll get a denser lather with slicker glide like Arko/Derby.

Look forward to experimenting with the water to soap ratio and getting my lather dialed in better.

Will report back after a few more shaves with it.

DA14A48F-7718-4F0C-8F95-CA7DB6F47D2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks interesting... thanks.
I did a google search for the ebay seller's name (Split Seven) and found their website. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to buy it directly from there but they only have Arko shave sticks listed.

Any more thoughts on this? I may pull the trigger....

Sorry for taking so long to reply back.

I kind of forgot about this

I get good shaves with this soap. But from this Arko and Derby. For Turkish shave sticks. It would probably be my 3rd choice.

I just prefer the denser lather and slickness of Arko & Derby

But I still plan on using the stick up though.

Back
Top Bottom