Jewel Super Stainless.

I spotted them on ebay a couple of weeks ago and had thought of giving them a try, but I gave it a miss because I have some Kais on the way from DrIdiot. I'd be curious to hear what anyone thinks of them though

I've seen these on ebay too and even looked up their home page. The only seller I remember was in Asia :?

It's weird that living in this country and being so into shaving that no one knows about them. What I think is these companies focus now on other razors, mostly for industrial purposes, but they do still have diagrams of DE blades on their site. No photos however.

http://www.jewelblade.com/category/razor_blades

Am curious to hear how they shave.

Peter said:
emails and phone calls to them tomorrow. Let'e see if they are still in production and how we might get hold of them if they are. I suspect the ebay'er is NOS.

Mr Rat

Hi Peter, did you get a reply from the manufacturer?

I've got hold of some and they look NOS to me.

cheers

Pete

Could they be the makers of the original Jewel blades from middle of last century?!

I have a box of these that were my Great-Grandfather's:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3504174709_4686be648e.jpg/img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3504172321_552151f152.jpg

I tried a couple and they are lovely blades.

My guess is that these blades are 1980s, maybe even 1970s. Stainless was first used for DE blades in the 1960s.

cheers

Pete

I recently spoke with the marketing directory at Jewel about Razor blades the reply was that the board of directors took a difficult decision in 2005 to cease production of razor blades for the consumer shaving maket, the machinery was then either adapted for other jobs or disposed of. The do make industrial blades as do durham duplex.

I have spent 100's of hours trying to find a UK based company capable of producing consumer grade double edge razor blades and it just aint happening unfortunatly.

The problem is that double edge razor blades need to be made into large quantities for it to be profitable, ive been quoted minimum order quantities of 1 mikllion peices before i can get blades made. and thats out in the far east

PaulH said:
1 million units? I'll bet hunnymonster could give you an idea of how long those would last you

C'mon guys - the calculation is simple...

<no of blades> * <number of shaves per blade> + today = when they'll run out

In Excel: =TODAY()+(B11*3) assuming 3 shaves per blade average.

If you started today they'd run out on May 18, 10223 :lol:

Millay - rather than getting blades made specially - what about a contract pack operation? So (say) Lord make you a heap of Shark blades but pack them in your custom packing - would that still be million-up?

hunnymonster said:
PaulH said:
1 million units? I'll bet hunnymonster could give you an idea of how long those would last you

C'mon guys - the calculation is simple...

<no of blades> * <number of shaves per blade> + today = when they'll run out

In Excel: =TODAY()+(B11*3) assuming 3 shaves per blade average.

If you started today they'd run out on May 18, 10223 :lol:

Millay - rather than getting blades made specially - what about a contract pack operation? So (say) Lord make you a heap of Shark blades but pack them in your custom packing - would that still be million-up?

lol i could create my own familly legacy.

I am still looking into this whole blade thing, and yes the 1 million units isi what im getting back from most suppliers. There are smaller lots you can get but then i would need to repackage over in this country which adds another cost.

Currently in talks with the russians.. so wil see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom