J.M Fraser's Shaving Cream

Would you be interested in purchasing any 'J.M Fraser's' products?

• Of Course! I've been wanting to try them for a while.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Yes, I'd definatly give them a go.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'd try them if the price is right.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I'm not really interested in trying them.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No, I would not buy any.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello Gentleman,

We've had a few enquires from TSR members requesting that we stock 'J.M Fraser's' line of shaving creams. We are currently talking to the manufactures and it is a very real possibilty that we will be importing a batch soon.

Would love to hear any opinions you've heard about this particular brand and whether you'd be interested in purchasing a tub if we do decide to import? ;)

Cheers,

Martin,
Badger & Hone

Well Brit-Wet-Shavers! Here's your chance to try Canadian made professional Barber Shop products - if the poll gets un-glitched - if it is glitched and not something incompatible on my system, I guess.

[b][color=#800080]The Shaving Room[/color][/b] said:
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Well, you can cast my vote for the "Yes, I definitely want to try" option for J. M. Fraser's "Booster" brand aftershaves, and "Will buy depending on price" for the shave creams (yes I realise it would be a thin profit margin tied mostly up in shipping etc... that would be factored against my budget if/when they are available ... etc).

Martin, at this time of day, I can't remember all the other things the do, and have to run around getting ready for work &/or hospital this morning so I won't be Googling them just right now, but would you initially be doing just creams? Creams & aftershaves? Creams & aftershaves & hair tonics? etc.?

Thanks and good luck.

I don't mean to completely hijack your thread Martin but quite a few of us have been itching to buy some Martin de Candre which is a high end French shaving soap but unfortunately their shipping charges are prohibitively expensive.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.soaps-martin-de-candre.ic-sites.com/craftsman-soap-factory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soaps-martin-de-candre.ic-si ... ctory.html</a><!-- m -->

My feeling is that they are quite happy doing things the way they are but if you could convince them of the benefits of you being a sole UK distributor I think you'd get US business easily just by charging significantly less postage than they do.

antdad said:
I don't mean to completely hijack your thread Martin but quite a few of us have been itching to buy some Martin de Candre which is a high end French shaving soap but unfortunately their shipping charges are prohibitively expensive.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.soaps-martin-de-candre.ic-sites.com/craftsman-soap-factory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soaps-martin-de-candre.ic-si ... ctory.html</a><!-- m -->

My feeling is that they are quite happy doing things the way they are but if you could convince them of the benefits of you being a sole UK distributor I think you'd get US business easily just by charging significantly less postage than they do.

+1 ... and the US guys/market would be more than happy with a snappy customer service as yours (and taking in the french vendor style in the eqvation you´ll prob out run them in volumes soner rather than later :lol:)

Can't say I had ever given it a thought or had any desire to get some, read through some review there yielded from a Google search. Seems to be reasonably well rated but I agree I would but a tub of MDC tomorrow, would need to try a sample of the Frasers first.

antdad said:

+1 :hungrig

I hadn't really heard of the stuff before but would probably give it a go at the right price once I've dwindled my current stocks of stuff down*.

*Who am I kidding, I'm never getting through this lot.

Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. They're appreciated.

We'll get on touch with Martin de Candre and see what we can do. Will keep the thread updated with any developments.

Cheers,

Martin

Evening Chaps...

Just to keep you all updated, we have been in touch with Martin de Candre and unfortunatly they refuse to sell to other retailers like ourselves. One of the reasons they gave for this is because of their stock taking 8 months to 'mature'. We did try and put across the fact that there were people in the UK wanting to purchase the soaps but we're put off by the high postage charges, but unfortunatly they didn't really seem that interested and are now ignoring our Emails.

It's a shame because we really liked the brand and think the soaps would do well over here. Sorry guys, we did try. :(

Cheers,

Joe Smith,
Badger & Hone

Kind of understandable in a grit your teeth kind of way, they are a fairly niche company in regards to being family run. Suppose it helps that it is a bloody good soap, just not worth the postage.

Hows about the Institut Karite range and the Speick offerings aside from their shave gear. :hungrig

Oh and the La Toja range :shave

cheese eating surrender monkeys :roll:
the stuffs pish anyway :lol:

so the original OP was for JMF, well i'd be interested in a Boosters cream and a splash but only one flavour for me

HM is the one who'll tell you what kind of prices you'll have to beat or it's a non-starter

Back
Top Bottom