I've been had!

Yeah, this traditional shaving, save me money, etc.. well I've been telling myself that once I've got my basic kit going, all I'll need is blades and soap, cheap as chips.. save me buckets of money etc..

But then you guys come along and ruin it all! I now have 10 DE's (3 more on their way), 8 straights (a few restoration projects), about 10-15 different soaps (hard/soft/cream), a couple of AS/ASB's, 4 brushes & a years supply of blades. (mostly PIFed from you guys!) and I had to add a shelf in my bathroom.

Yeah, I know another guy that always gives the first samples for free.. but then.. then it's the beginning of the end.. everything spirals out of control....

Ah well, it keeps me off the streets :D

FB.

Damian Murphy said:
A nice little selection :lol:
Yeah...

• Gillette B3 SuperSpeed
    Gillette Rocket HD 500
    Gillette Slim Adjustabe (x2) J1 & L2
    Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
    Gillette Tech
    Gillette NEW
    Gillette Techmatic
    Merkur 34C
    A no-name vintage[/list:u]

On it's way:

Gillette Super Adjustable (black handle)
    Weishi
    Merkur Futur

Here are the straights

Ultimately looking for a birth razor and a Fatboy, but I must stop!!!!!

FB.

Seeing as you're in France, perhaps you could supplement your income (and expenditure) on a radical new shaving method: FB's Follicular Guillotine?

I'll get my manteau...

Welcome to the dark side FB, resistance is futile. There will always be that one more brush, or DE or soap to try and we are all a little guilty of collecting too much. I tell myself it is cheaper than collecting Rolex's but I do enjoy trying new items so I keep buying things, I just try to limit the financial damage by setting aside a set amount each month in much the same way you would do if you went to any regular activity. This is a hobby as much as it is a necessary part of my day, so I try not to agonise too much.

You can always come here and we will tell you it was absolutely necessary and you will feel better. I find buying and selling quite fun, sometimes I will sometimes I loose but I always have fun.

There will always be that one more brush, or DE or soap to try

Yups and the 'Try' is more often than not 'Try to find room for'.

We are having the bathroom re-done next month. The misuses thinks its to give it a bit of a modernizing - the real truth is ive just run out of space for all my shaving gear.
My Plumber is also a DE wetshaver, we may just plan some interesting additions to the design. :twisted:

Custom brushes, custom handles, limited editions..... where will it end.??

Eventually, you may find an ideal set up for you, and then sell on some of your shaving aquisitions.

I am still searching for my ideal set up. I think I have found it, then something new comes along for me to try :evil: :evil:

Audios idea of setting aside some money seems a good idea. I need to find more control :D

Most of us have been there and done it (some have done it more and keep on going).

There are more expensive and dangerous things you could spend your hard-earned on.

Enjoy the ride - just remember to get off at your stop.

Back
Top Bottom