Its here

I love mine just spent the last 2 weeks shaving with my futur and quite liked it then had 3/4 shaves with my new feather since I've been home and much prefer it smoother than a smooth thing and it seems much more efficient almost like it's not doing anything but wiping the lather off your face. I'll be keeping my futur for when I'm offshore as loosing the feather at that price would upset me but when home the feather will be the one i use.

I would really like this razor. I love, really love, my EJ 89L but I love the look of the Feather and reckon it would shave at least as well as the Edwin Jagger. Enjoy it Sparky - it must be like being given a Jaguar as your first car.

The reason I asked is that there's considerable interest elsewhere, but the only people who seem to have bought the thing are here at TSR. It would be interesting to hear Audiolab's thoughts as he has the Joris to compare it to.

Oh and PigCat: treat yourself.

I have enjoyed Feather razors (Popular, Portable and AC) in the past so might have considered getting one - but would rather not have the hassle of Taxes and Post Office charges.

There was no import duties charged.

A while back I though about posting a review but I was slightly concerned that posting about this or razor and it's merit would spark a barrage of comments about spending such sums of money on a razor, no problem with this but it would only detract from what I wanted to get across and thise are the main important points like "Is it any good? how does it shave", either that or that I will come across as some sort of poncy git. That is not my intention, it is a rare item, new to the market and it is about shaving so it interests me.

If you want I will post an honest warts and all review, cost is one thing you have to pack when reading the review and decide later if what it offers is worth it to you. If you go in thinking "overpriced POS" then you (not you Joe - people in general) are not going to like it no matter what the review says.

I have both the Joris and the Feather and they are both expensive and both have their merits and detractors. I had penned a rough review and comparison originally just for my own notes. I thought about posting it on B&B just because there seemed to be more interest. I then thought twice about it as I did not wan to join the rah rah club or get into a discussion about if the stand matched or would the etching of the word Feather rub off. There are a few good guys there who can take a review and still make their own decision but many are lead by those who apparently seem to have more clout.

When I spoke to Paul about getting one in the UK he said he was considering getting some as there had been some interest from the forum. I am inpatient so I went direct. OK I will tidy up my notes and put them into a review and try to post it up sometime soon.

Short answer is I like it a lot, but with some caveats, then again the Joris and every other is the same; they all have their good and bad points.

Id like to see a review from an experienced DE user as im too new to the game to know any better :oops: up to now im happy with my purchase and im much more confident using the feather compared to my futur as it seems a much less aggressive shave but does the job just as well if not better. The bets way i can sum it up is less aggressive but more efficient if that makes any kind of sense :?

Back
Top Bottom