Items on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruceonshaving said:
Fat Boy. Buy it Now price £146!! Is this real?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gillette-Fatboy-safety-razor-set-1961-NOS-/150461316367?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2308317d0f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gillette-Fatboy-s ... 2308317d0f</a><!-- m -->

That Seller had lots of stuff on E-bay, mostly nice stuff but alot were overpriced, normally with sellers when it's priced high as a "BIN" there will be the Best Offer bit, and the sellers sometimes take quite a lot less for the item.

if it's a collector thats selling it all off then i guess you would add a bit on as it has probabbly taken a long time and alot of effort to get all your stuff and clean it etc etc

Seems he values his stuff

Bruce I really dont see the point in a thread like this. Yes unusally high priced BIN auctions are something that people might find amusing. But live bidding auctions that people may be watching hoping to pick up at a good price all you are doing is drawing more intrest to them and helping the seller( Are you the seller) other than that i can see no reason and all you are doing is possibllay costing another member of this board more money. Not me as i have about 50 straights waiting for restoration. But if i was watching this i would be real pissed.

Mint cased razors with original blades can command an unusually high premium beyond what is resonable. For a while Fat Boys were going for this amount but the focus seems to have shifted to English Aristocrats so it is fad based and the prices people expect and pay are not reflective of what we bargain hunters would want to pay. If you do want a good user grade one stick to the forums or be more patient.

A high BIN price does encourage more sensible offers, if you have what you believe is a realistic BIN at £75 and are taking offers some twat will offer £35 but if your BIN is at £150 you are most likely to get offers closer to what you want.

Many including myself do not want to talk about live auctions, the reason for this is that historically these shysters post something for auction then go on the forums and say what a bargain it is and hype their own auctions so the general consensus across every forum (even non shaving ones) is no links to live auctions. We have all done it at some point but now you know why.

It's all down to hype, some elements of cashing in and shady practice....

In the last month I've bought quite a few items via Amazon's market place - I've seen items with a price range of £0.01 to £127.62 (the same item - the £0.01 was new, the £127.62 was described as "used - like new") - why does that happen? Well of you just "add to basket" it picks one at random to add... you follow through and pay and you're stuffed because Amazon allegedly pay the merchant "instantly" and you just paid £120 for something worth £2 tops.... which you then have to sort out by means of refund/return etc.

No if it was many other forums we would be scared to discuss it. This is why I like this place better, if I screw up someone will tell me. On other forums you only find out then a mod red cards you.

Audiolab said:
No if it was many other forums we would be scared to discuss it. This is why I like this place better, if I screw up someone will tell me. On other forums you only find out then a mod red cards you.

Exactly mate...........much more relaxed on here, i dread to think of the hours i have spent on here being off sick the past few weeks,
my typing has improved no end though !! ;)

Steve

The Sunster truly believes his tripewriting has improved !!

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm, only joking Steve (I may someday wish to aquire one of your never ending veritable cornicopia of goodies).

JohnnyO. :roll:

Audiolab said:

+1

Not that i dabble much on the bay, but i can see the reasoning of not posting a link to a live auction on a site such as this.

But then not really dabbling on there means i don't really give a f**k :lol:

JohnnyO said:
The Sunster truly believes his tripewriting has improved !!

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm, only joking Steve (I may someday wish to aquire one of your never ending veritable cornicopia of goodies).

JohnnyO. :roll:

i've got news for you mate..............yer barred !!!! :lol:

hunnymonster said:
<must..... control...... ban...... button....... urge....>

How about listing this on B&B BST. Limited edition Banhammer BNIB an excellent replacement for your old hammer which shows signs of wear and excessive use.
Banhamma_Avatar_by_PhilXZ.png

I got a warning from the big man over at the big ranch today (must have been the caffeine this morning) Lets just say our banned brush pimp from the South Coast has been doing rather well from their members and it is SO p**sing them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom