Italian Soft Soaps

i have never ordered or tried any of these "Almond" soaps, Cella, Valobra, Vitos, etc etc

I ordered some Figaro last night just to give it a test out, (yeah coz i need more soap !!! :blush::blush::blush:)

I presume these are good going by the reviews i have seen on the other forums.....?

Vito's is a great soap, very easy to lather, even though it says extra super coconut, it doesn't smell of any coconut but if you like almonds then you can't go wrong, personally I prefer this soap over Mitchells Woolfat.

Jamie.

just had a look at Vitos on ebay, can it be purchased as a small cake / refill, as all i see is it being sold with a wooden bowl which i have no use for or in 1kg lumps which is not great if i don't get on with it.....

Sunburyboy93 said:
cheers jamie

which is the best version to use............?

or are they all pretty much the same ?

Well Steve the three are almond based scents, but I love the smell and taste of almonds, but more importantly they all have great lather very slick with loads of slip.

Jamie.

Steve, I currently use the coconut version, it's amazing. Also, it's not simply an 'almond' smell, it's a bit richer than that - Amaretto like. If I were to name 3 top soaps (based purely on performance), those would be Speick, Martin de Candre and Vitos.

Not much about Cella. Got a strong sweet perhaps slightly artificial smell (makes it sound worse than it is) but excellent performance. Think the price is about the same. I prefer it to Vitos mainly for the smell

Helveticum said:
Steve, I currently use the coconut version, it's amazing. Also, it's not simply an 'almond' smell, it's a bit richer than that - Amaretto like. If I were to name 3 top soaps (based purely on performance), those would be Speick, Martin de Candre and Vitos.

Yeah i'm guessing the Coconut one has coconut oil added rather than a fragrance which is a great thing for skin conditioning in a soap and should make your skin nice and hydrated after the shave.

think i'm gonna get some once my Tech on the BST sells

cheers

steve

The Geordie Shaver said:
Are all the Vitos tallow based ? , its something I try to avoid as I have oily skin and it appears to lead to problems for me , which is a shame because I would have liked to try Vitos
Regards
Derrick

AFAIK yes, but there is also Saponeria Artigiana, they make (by hand) a similar soap, not tallow based. I still have enough in stock, and would gladly send you a sample. Just pm me your address.

Back
Top Bottom