Is this usable

Received this today through Fleabay and am debating whether or not to raise a case as the seller is ignoring my emails.

It was advertised as 'seems to be working' but, the problem is as follows:

One side, all nice and level (I can live with the brassing):

IMAG0148.jpg

Next side, hmmm check out those corners:

IMAG0149.jpg

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean the razor has been dropped? And does it also mean the blade gap will be inconsistent on the 'bent side' meaning it will be crap to shave with?

Unfortunately it cost a bit too, so I can't just write it off and live with it.

Well, to me it's either working or it isn't and a dent on the bottom isn't working in my book.

I'll see how I get on but from what I've seen if you don't list all the faults in the item you are selling you are shafted if the buyer complains.

Depending on the cost. I've bent them back on inexpensive ones by just putting it on a hard surface and gently pressing with out them cracking. But it scares me to do it. If it was expensive; I'd email the seller and see what they say.
I hate it when this happens!

Yes, although the picture wasn't crystal clear.

A lesson learnt for me and for the seller I imagine. List all flaws or you'll regret it.

Shame as well as it's a very rare Gillette Popular variant with a different knob to the handle. If it was not damaged it would be worth a lot of money.

Tall_Paul said:
Yes, although the picture wasn't crystal clear.

A lesson learnt for me and for the seller I imagine. List all flaws or you'll regret it.

Shame as well as it's a very rare Gillette Popular variant with a different knob to the handle. If it was not damaged it would be worth a lot of money.

See thats the risk you take with ebay, and to be honest I think you might be being a bit unfair with the seller, as you were quite happy to get the razor on the cheap due to the poor pics which would people off cause they can not see fully the condition of the razor, and they were wary of what they were seeing was a actual fault. Now if it was not a fault you would have been a happy chappy as you got it cheaper due to the bad pic. So It kind of works both ways. I have bought plenty of junkers off ebay and its allways a gamble you take.

Sorry mate I don't agree. If all the faults were listed I wouldn't have bought it.

It's well known that Ebay favours the buyer so it's in the interest of the seller to list as much detail as possible. If they had done that I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Have to say that the bent teeth are obvious in the photo kt66 posted.

The photos are just as important as the textual content - more so normally. This one shows the defect and as such, I would say that the seller did actually declare the problem by showing it in the photo - it's not like they hid it.

I'm glad you had a good result with the seller, but you were quite lucky with this - if I'd been the seller then I wouldn't have been so happy to get messed about like that.

Where has the principle of buyer beware gone? Your post here implies that you bid without looking at it properly first.

The description says
The razor seems to be working, twist the bottom of razor and the top opens.
which says to me it opens and closes rather than it shaves well.

As the teeth were clearly shown, I think that they were very generous refunding you. I doubt its because they feel you are in the right (I don't), more likely they want to keep good feedback.

I can't argue with the above two posts. Have I been lucky. Yes. Buyer beware. Yes, that too.

However, I can't believe anyone else in my position wouldn't have done the same. You're honestly telling me you would have taken a 70 pound hit? Sorry, I don't buy that.

So, yes I have been very lucky and I haven't played it fair but that's Ebay I guess.

In future I will have to be much more careful. I don't like messing people about and do feel guilty but I'm ashamed to say I'm relieved too.

Back
Top Bottom