Is this a Sticky?

Is this a Wilkinson Sticky or some other razor?

Sticky.jpg

Many thanks

Keith

I kinda hoped it was and took a flier at it. I wasn't sure but thought it was worth a punt.

I got it for 27p under my max bid :D

Nice find,

If you haven't tried one of those before, you're in for a treat. That handle material really is a nice feature, although it may take a time or two getting used to the length and overall balance. The razor's performance reminds me of a superspeed, but with a better feel.

Congrats on the new addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

dodgy said:
Nice find,

If you haven't tried one of those before, you're in for a treat. That handle material really is a nice feature, although it may take a time or two getting used to the length and overall balance. The razor's performance reminds me of a superspeed, but with a better feel.

Congrats on the new addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Thanks Martin, looking forward to giving it a try.

Keith

It definitely is a sticky. There were two versions of the Sticky, that on has the notched safety bar but there is another where the safety bar is smooth. The sticky is a mild shaver but a nice one, Rev is a fan of them.

I wasn't sure whether it was a genuine sticky or one of the Eastern European copies, so my snipe wasn't set high enough :( . Good catch if it is one. Congrats.

Despite their 'cult' status I was underwhelmed by the shave.

Mine was £10 from a local barber who had it displayed in his window.

Too mild - but as a piece of shaving history it is a brilliant razor.

Back
Top Bottom