Iridium super/PolSilver Iridium super

AehG6Kg.jpg

It's a never ending debate as to whether they're the same blade. You can pick up recently manufactured Wizamets on eBay. Polislver have been discontinued for the present and command a high value - I like Polsilvers but I don't think they're worth the current values.

Last edited:
ok clear. I'll nuke this thread

You're fine, it's just that this topic has been "flogged, drawn & quartered" on every wet shaving forum known to mankind for years. It is rife with rumors, innuendo, supposition, theories & postulation ad nauseum.

As a matter of fact I have used a Wizamet on a whim yesterday & today and it is an exemplary DE blade for sure. But, it is no better than various other top tier Gillette blades IMO. If you are new to this then I cannot emphasize enough how much great prep & honed technique (pun intended) are more important in the overall scheme. ;)

Last edited:
You're fine, it's just that this topic has been "flogged, drawn & quartered" on every wet shaving forum known to mankind for years. It is rife with rumors, innuendo, supposition, theories & postulation ad nauseum.

As a matter of fact I have used a Wizamet on a whim yesterday & today and it is an exemplary DE blade for sure. But, it is no better than various other top tier Gillette blades IMO. If you are new to this then I cannot emphasize enough how much great prep & honed technique (pun intended) are more important in the overall scheme. ;)
I like you expertise, and eloquence. Chapeau!

Agree.

IMO, Gillette PPI's top tier blades to my tastes are Permasharp, Polsilver, Nacet might feel a bit different on the first shave, but are at their best on the 2nd/3rd shaves and at that time I'd be unable to tell the difference between all 3 in the shave.

Even when the Polsilver SI was readily available I preferred the Permasharp/Nacet to it, and now I can't understand the clamour to get the Polsilver when the other two can be bought for a fraction of the price of a Polsilver.

Hey guys (I assume not many ladies around here unluckily).
Do you know if Iridium super/PolSilver Iridium super are still available somewhere?
Are the two the same stuff?
I'd like to give them a try.
Cheers!
Hi I have never tried them as well but I came across a barber company in Poland and I bought a couple of tucks off them the price seems good not sure about how much I will get stung for when they arrive to the uk but I thought I would take the punt i have attached the link to the site I paid with PayPal so hopefully should be here in a couple of weeks

Back
Top Bottom