Injector Magazines/Blades

So, it being SEptember, I have been re-loading my Injectors for use. I've run out of the Schick ones I have been using faultlessly since acquiring some SE injectors and going with the Schick blades as that was the razor I got first. No problem thinks I, I still have that magazine of 20 x Parker blades that came with my InjRzr. I'll just use those instead.

Easier said than done! the plastic magazine and key just simply do NOT work. It lacks the ability to push out the old blade, or slides under or over the blade already in place. Thankfully, I didn't bin my empty Schick aluminium magazine. The easiest way has been to transfer one blade into the Schick magazine and inject them that way, which has worked and I didn't feel like I may slice into my sausage fingers!.

On inspection of the magazines side by side, the Schick one has a slightly longer, slightly thicker key/stem and the blade loader slide seems meatier.

I've had a look at the different UK suppliers and noted that the Parker magazine I'm having issues with looks pretty similar to the Personna one - am I mistaken, or is this too coincidental?
I've also noted that once loaded, the Parker blades just don't provide as smooth a shave as the Schick ones. I'll be checking this out tomorrow when I use the SE that I loaded my last Schick blade into.
I'm torn between just buying Schick as I like them anyway, or mixing it up and checking out others to ensure I realise my supply chain benefits as the Schick ones do seem a tad expensive when compared to Parker and Personna!

I've tried searching other threads, but don't seem to see any that could definitively assist. What other injector blade makes are out there that I could try that have a decent magazine, or that people haven't really had issues with?

In light of the copious replies, I thought I'd just stick with Schick and have ordered a couple of magazines from Connaught.

Not taking a punt on Personna as the magazine looks like the Parker plastic shite one.
The Schick injector blade's are in my opinion are probably the best of the very limited selection of injector blade's out there. Good call! :)

Paul.

Sorry, just seen this. I'm convinced the Parker blades are repackaged Personna blades. These blades are fine but the dispenser is shite. Proline B-20 are nice blades but lack the injector key so need a donor dispenser.

Chinese Schick's (Chicks) can be bought from US Amazon in metal dispensers of 7. These are also good blades and another option.

Back
Top Bottom