Ingrown hairs

I've watched the YouTube vids and read about ingrown hairs but I still get them quite bad around my chin area if I want a close shave, is it pressure or some other bad technique I've picked up been shaving with de for about 9 months and still can't get it right

It's technique, pressure, too many passes or a combination of all three, some how you are shaving too closely and hair is getting trapped.

Stick with a couple of WTG passes for now, it probably won't be smooth but it'll be pain free until things clear up and your technique improves then you can think about adding another pass if you want to.

Thanks, seem to be fine wtg so will keep on with that my hair is very course is there a issue doing two passes wtg just like the feeling of a close shave

I have coarse hair around my chin area, and am prone to razor bumps around there if I let my technique slide. I'd agree with the suggestion to go 2x WTG for now - you won't get very close in that area, but you need to get your technique right before you try to get that area totally smooth. Otherwise, good lather and short, but not too slow, strokes with no pressure other than the weight of the razor, treating the chin as a series of angles or facets from below your bottom lip to the top of your neck, thereby avoiding shaving around the curve in just one or two strokes, is important. Once you can do this every time you shave without razor bumps or irritation, you could add a third pass which would be across the grain (XTG), again using short strokes with no pressure.

Back
Top Bottom