I'm not racist but...

Trying the direct approach.

Ring, ring...

Caller: "Hello may I speak to the person that deals with Health and Safety"
Me:"Is this a sales call?"
Caller: "Um...Er...Yes"
Me:"Not interested, goodbye" Click

:mrgreen:

The wife had to phone O2 the other night as they had debited her £240 (out of our bank account :x ).
obviously she phoned up to have a go, c'uh! operator called herself Joanne or something just as improbable.

She was fawning and jabbering away in what was loosely a form of English, all i know was it hurt my ears (was on speaker phone with this god-awful wailing music in the background) - blah, blah... yes it's our fault, but we won't give you the money back until 7-10 working days - try that again sweet cheeks! :evil:

Bloody Jocks ;)

obviously she phoned up to have a go, c'uh! operator called herself Joanne or something just as improbable.

Its a ploy they use to try to curb the 'abuse'.. They figure if they get them to westernize their names people wont be so offensive. :roll:
Somewhere down the line the PC squad got involved you see, and decided that it wasn't the fact these Annoying bastards were ringing up at all hours to sell us shit we didnt want or need, and then proceding to never leave us alone that was the problem .. No, It was becuase they were foreign.

There you go you see.

Getting annoyed at thousands of marketing calls and silent phone calls is Racist.

Tho im told i would be surprised how many Bob's there are in Bangalore..

"Hello, may i speak to Mr xxxxxxx"

Yeh sure, your speaking to one of them, you now have another 3 to pick from.

This tends to confuse them and makes them look through the system to find out which one they want. While they do this i just put the phone down on them.

We dont often get them though, we are on the telephone preference service so we hardly ever get them.

"Can i speak to Mr xxxxxx"

No you cant

"why not?"

Well hes not in

"when can i speak to him?"

I dont know when you can speak to him, im just burglaring the house!

moodymick said:
Ring Ring

Hello

- may i speakings to Mrs M?

Yes, Speaking! :shock: (works if you have a manly Northern timbre - not advisable for shandy drinkers ;) )

Just tried this one - Brilliant!

The guy was completely thrown .. 'This IS Mrs H im speaking to?'

'Yeees'

'Mrs?'

'Yes Mrs, What exactly are you implying sir?'

'Im very sorry madam, goodbye'

Ace.

Back
Top Bottom