Ikon Shavecraft X3 Slant head

Great! You have discovered the secrets of DE shaving - know your razor (align with the head or bar), little to no pressure, adjust your angle slightly when you get too much feedback. Another one that I found for the X3 and the Wunderbar is that if you can't feel it shave but the lather comes off your face cleanly, don't worry because it is doing it's job.
Yep, more a matter of unlearning bad habits acquired using cartridge razors and cheap goo on inadequately prepped skin and whisker growth!

I found there was good audible feedback from the X3, so whilst I couldn't feel it cutting I could certainly hear it.

I mentioned earlier that I have a Razorock V4 Stealth slant, which I compared with the X3.

I can normally get along with any DE or SE razor, but some are head and shoulders above others. Whilst the V4 isn't a bad razor, I've been a little disappointed with it; especially considering the hoops to jump through to buy it. However, I put a Rubie blade in it a couple of days ago, and for some reason it came alive. A case of "perseverance pays off", I suppose.

I mentioned earlier that I have a Razorock V4 Stealth slant, which I compared with the X3.

I can normally get along with any DE or SE razor, but some are head and shoulders above others. Whilst the V4 isn't a bad razor, I've been a little disappointed with it; especially considering the hoops to jump through to buy it. However, I put a Rubie blade in it a couple of days ago, and for some reason it came alive. A case of "perseverance pays off", I suppose.

Good for you man. I've always been curious about the v4, glad it can also shine when given the right blade. I heard the v2 is pretty aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom