iKon Bulldog OC - adjustable

I've been using my iKon Bulldog Deluxe this past week, with a Feather blade in, and I've been finding it a bit, well, mild and lacking in feedback - I can't feel what the edge of the blade is doing, and it's felt like it's not been shaving very close.

Knowing that the Gillette New Improved has a measure of adjustability in it, it occurred to me that the iKon might be similar, and indeed, on tightening the handle there is a final half-turn maybe where the tightening gets slightly stiffer and the blade is clearly being fully flexed into its final position. For the past 2 or 3 days, I've tried the iKon witht he handle backed off about 1/8 turn from fully tight, and what a great result - just a little more bite, and I can feel what the razor's up to so much better - gives me a great 2-pass (WTG, XTG) shave.

I've not been bothered so much by this "mildness" before, but then I've tended to use Super Thins in the iKon in the past, and I think it behaves a little differently with them (even though Feathers are reputed to be the sharper blade). Nice to have that ability to fine tune the shave in this way.

Back
Top Bottom