iKon Bulldog cosmetic "seconds"

OK, OK,

RAD has bitten hard...

My new iKon Bulldog open comb arrived in the post this morning. I ordered it off Greg's website last week - he'd advised me that he's putting up a few slight cosmetic seconds for sale in the discount section of his site. As I wanted an iKon but baulked a little at paying the current full price, I thought I'd give it a go - at nearly half price, it seemed too good to miss. If you're after an iKon too, it might be worth keeping an eye on that bit of his site.

The razor arrived fantastically well-packed, and having looked at the parts long and hard, I can say that I'm hard pressed to spot the cosmetic defects - there's one or two slight chatter marks in the machining, but really, that's it. Greg even put a couple of sample packs of blades in the package. :shave

I'm really chuffed to bits with this razor - it looks and feels fabulous in the hand. Can't wait to give it a test drive tomorrow morning!

Well, the test drive was a good one - no unpleasant surprises. After reading a number of reports that this razor was a little aggressive, I approached my shave with a little more than usual caution - specially over my adam's apple. I needn't have worried. In truth, I can't believe how mild and forgiving this razor feels. It just peeled away the stubble without fuss and without a hint of irritation. A quick tidy up across the grain (not much work to do there) and I was done. Smooth, clean, comfortable.

This could easily become "the one"...

And I wonder how many times some of you have heard that before? ;)

man of leisure said:
Lots and said it myself many times. Try a slim adjustable though !!!!
Funny you should say that...

Actually, one of those is on the way... :D Just couldn't resist a really clean looking 1964 J1 on ebay a few days ago - same birth-year and quarter as me. Had to be done... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom