If you have trouble lathering MWF

Hello all,

When I started wetshaving, everybody talked about MWF, so I had to try it.
The result were miserable, as I could not make any decent lather. Now it is one of my top soap, and the solution has been brought by haslinger soap.

-Take a soap container.
-Cut the MWF puck so it will be fitted in the one half of the container.
- buy some haslinger Schafmilch ( can be found for not much at tvbshaving or giftandcare)
-put the haslinger Schafmilch in the other half of the soap container, so when you will swirl with your brush, the brush will be in contact with both soaps.

I've got my best result with a boar brush.

And you will then receive a very rich and creamy lather, with all the loved property of MWF.

Hope it may help, as this was the only solution I've found to use MWF with my hard water.:)

Hybridising soaps.....Never mind Frenky. More like the Frankenstein of the soap world. Seriously if you haven't soaked your puck then you may struggle. Dunk the whole lot in warm water and leave it 24 hrs. It'll lather then no problem.

Hybridising soaps.....Never mind Frenky. More like the Frankenstein of the soap world. Seriously if you haven't soaked your puck then you may struggle. Dunk the whole lot in warm water and leave it 24 hrs. It'll lather then no problem.
I must admit my method is not very ortodox:p but I though it was not that bad as both soaps are quite similar.:oops:

Sounds like you're getting a good lather from the Haslinger while using up some of the MWF in the process. Not convinced.

You are probably right. But at the moment both side are equally used. But maybe I would get the same result only using haslinger without the MWF.

I've heard this before, can I ask; are you pre soaking the puck before every shave?

I've never had an issue with MWF, it is one of the very best soaps I have. I do load for plenty of time but I prefer to use lots of product.

Hi Reevers. It depends how often you use it. If it's once a week you will be ok just putting a teaspoon of water on the puck 10 mins before use. If it's been a month or so then I would rehydrate it again.

Back
Top Bottom