ID an Aristocrat?

hi gents,
I have posted on the DE forum with limited feedback. Can anyone date my Aristocrat? it's got the number 400621 on the head and 430030 on the neck and says Made in England on it. The box has got a nice flippy hinged blade holder.
Thanks for the help.
(Also, it cost me five quid from a local antique shop.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 33
Irfan,
I wondered at first whether it might be the 1936 model but with the wings on the ends of the centre bar it certainly looks like the 1938 version.

Still a damned good find (no jealousy here...much).

Regards,
Chris

Irfan... I'm green with envy! Five quid!? These things never hapen to me...

The numbers on the handle and the baseplate are patent numbers.

I'd say your razor is similar to the one in the #19 set showed on mr-razor site. Is it golden, innit?

Irfan... I'm green with envy! Five quid!? These things never hapen to me...

The numbers on the handle and the baseplate are patent numbers.

I'd say your razor is similar to the one in the #19 set showed on mr-razor site. Is it golden, innit?
Of all the stuff I've bought, this is without a doubt the most incredible value. I paid £15 for a Wardonia, original cardboard box and everything, which I like a lot and £15 for a Flic 60 straight which I like, that was in pretty good nick.
I've seen those fairly iffy gentleman's grooming/vanity cases for fair prices but only occasionally have a decent razor in them.
I'm a patient rummager, that helps.
Regarding my Aristocrat, I'm pretty sure it's the 15, the case matches and, on my fancy Heston Blumenthal kitchen scales, weighs in at 76g, 77g with a blade in it. The blade holder is a flippy hinged thing which also matches Mr Razors picture.
I am chuffed to bits with my sneaky purchase, I didn't mention that the guy had it priced at £6 and I asked for his best price, I think that he was happy to see the back of it. To be fair, at that stage I wasn't sure exactly what it was.

Back
Top Bottom