I won :)

I entered my details on a website to win a puck of shaving soap a while back. I forgot all about it until I got an email out of the blue earlier this month saying I had won and could I send my details for postage... I was a bit dubious that it would be sent as it appeared to be a US website and postage was likely to be more than the soap. Well, it turned up this morning having been sent halfway round the globe (well, from Canada, anyway) in a well packed cardboard box :icon_razz:

http://www.asharperrazor.com/congratulations-to-the-winners-of-our-mwf-contest

prod-7538-250-250.jpg

Now...might be a silly question, but how do I use it ?
I've only been shaving 'properly' with a DE for a couple of months and I'm still on my first tube of Proraso cream. :huh:

Daniel.

BTW - I am in no way affiliated to ASR, I just entered the competition :blush:

, put it in a bowl if it dosnt come with one,

just wet brush, then rub of soap is the simplist way and you will get lather from that

i usually put water in bowl on top of soap to soften it first before i lather though.

after this its the same whether its cream or hard soap, face lather, hand lather or bowl lather

Well done. I think that kent soap is actually Mitchells wool fat soap re packaged. If so, look up some of the threads on lathering with MWF. A very good soap by all accounts, but can be tricky to lather.

Oh, it's good soap, certainly. Well done! :) Don't be mean with it, load that brush well and it should make some lovely lather. Way too much of it probably. It's only fair to say that there's a chance it won't respond at all, in which case the only thing to do is move to a soft water area, or PIF it to someone in the Bradford area. :dodgy:

Arrowhead said:
Oh, it's good soap, certainly. Well done! :) Don't be mean with it, load that brush well and it should make some lovely lather. Way too much of it probably. It's only fair to say that there's a chance it won't respond at all, in which case the only thing to do is move to a soft water area, or PIF it to someone in the Bradford area. :dodgy:

Hmmm... let me guess where you live :sleepy:

I do feel a PIF coming on shortly, but I am afraid it won't be this.

Pig Cat said:
Hi Daniel, take a look at this thread. It should help you with the transition from cream to soap.

I'd forgotten about that tutorial, top stuff by Tony there.

As well as that technique you can get rid of the bowl and just whip up a lather on top of the soap puck and build it up on your face.

Or. . . rub the soap over your chops and face lather as you would a cream but with more water and air (a cream is a soap with water and air added, the fertilised embryo of a lather if you will.)

Back
Top Bottom