I really don't like Baileys...

Rev-O said:
Also, I know he's there for me, unconditionally. He's very good like that. No judgement, no hesitation, he'd drop everything and help in any way he could.

That is the most important thing. Sure we are human and have niggles, bad habits that p155 each other off, but sometimes those little things get put into perspective.

During drinking games in my early 20's Baileys and Guinness was a forfeit drink! The Baileys curdled and we called it a shot of brains, looked vile but taste wise it wasn't too bad.

Get a half pint glass, mix in a shot of Baileys and a shot of Creme de Menthe. Then top up with coke. Makes a lovely looking drink known as a 'Dead Man's Phlegm'.

antdad said:
No there's no pain here...my tongue is firmly in my cheek Rev although I did not mean to intentionally sadden PC. I could tell you about the time my father tried to hang me by rope, clouted me with a 2 X 4 or put a live hedge hog in my bed, ate my pet rabbit, ate my neighbours cat, hung his own dog, split my head open with a glass ash tray and so on.

I'm not going to start feeling sad or indulging myself in the memory's of a relationship that might have been, there's nothing I can do about it now or then and that is really my point. Those of us that are drunk on our own DNA (i.e father's) start getting dewy eyed at this time of year...just stop it.

I feel your pain Antdad. But if it makes you feel any better, I know a man whose parents dished up a hearty stew for dinner one night. He and his sister and parents tucked in and enjoyed it greatly. When they were finished his father told him and sister that it was their pet rabbit in the stew. He wasn't joking. When the parents bought the rabbit they told the children that if they didn't look after it properly they would eat it. Presumably they hadn't cleaned out the cage often enough or something.
What is even scarier is that my friend doesn't seem to appreciate just how abnormal this was.

Did you read that correctly? I'd eat that meal again in an instant, telling the kids is a touch cruel though, at least give them a chance to digest it but that's just the way it was. Sentimentality is just a product of loneliness.

Back
Top Bottom