I like big BRUSHES and I cannot lie

Big brushes. Those who own them, those who love them. Share it here!

I’m getting on very well with my Chubby 3 Manchurian and my Trafalgar T3. I also have a 24mm Yaqi tuxedo that I used exclusively for two years.

Generally I’m a big fan of large brushes that whip up huge amounts of lather and paint in broad strokes.

Attachments

• 0E350F43-C201-49D9-A3C7-7E27E4F22A6C.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
  • EE3D41DC-5228-4B18-AF0E-5EBC7B1E2442.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 9
yes when it comes to brushes size matters
trafalgar T3, Oumo 28MM, Yaqi Moka Express 26MM, Oumo 26, DS Cosmetics 26mm

i do own one Plisson brush with a more then 30mm knot and a 8cm loft which is too much of a good thing. It feels like the whole badger was used to make that brush. its so big you need to bowl lather into a bucket as reference below against my Chubby 2 synthetic which is allready also a big one!

but for me the big brushes rock!

That plisson is a brute! You could always just put ridges on your sink and use the entire sink as a lathering bowl. I love the sheer excess of that. Absolutely marvellous

Big ones use/waste too much product IMO. As well, for me they are not nimble and precise and trying to face lather feels like bathing a mouse with a mop.
Agree, anything above 24mm is not for me but there are some beautiful big brushes out there, I saw a guy from Germany that was able to buy a bunch of big Plisson NOS old brushes the other day

Generally a 'bigger the better' man here. Anything smaller than 24mm is a miss for me.

I'll happily lather my chest, my nuts and anything else while at it.

AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere flat top
AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere

The large brass brush is an absolute God of face mashing

In passing I don't think I waste anymore soap than using a smaller brush but they do work more effectively for me.

I have just passed on a small Muhle ivory which annoyed me no end being so small, but I do know the member who took it off me is chuffed.