I like big BRUSHES and I cannot lie

Big brushes. Those who own them, those who love them. Share it here!

I’m getting on very well with my Chubby 3 Manchurian and my Trafalgar T3. I also have a 24mm Yaqi tuxedo that I used exclusively for two years.

Generally I’m a big fan of large brushes that whip up huge amounts of lather and paint in broad strokes.

Attachments

• 0E350F43-C201-49D9-A3C7-7E27E4F22A6C.jpeg
    0E350F43-C201-49D9-A3C7-7E27E4F22A6C.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
  • EE3D41DC-5228-4B18-AF0E-5EBC7B1E2442.jpeg
    EE3D41DC-5228-4B18-AF0E-5EBC7B1E2442.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 9
yes when it comes to brushes size matters ;)
trafalgar T3, Oumo 28MM, Yaqi Moka Express 26MM, Oumo 26, DS Cosmetics 26mm

i do own one Plisson brush with a more then 30mm knot and a 8cm loft which is too much of a good thing. It feels like the whole badger was used to make that brush. its so big you need to bowl lather into a bucket:cool: as reference below against my Chubby 2 synthetic which is allready also a big one!
IMG_3535.JPG
but for me the big brushes rock!

yes when it comes to brushes size matters ;)
trafalgar T3, Oumo 28MM, Yaqi Moka Express 26MM, Oumo 26, DS Cosmetics 26mm

i do own one Plisson brush with a more then 30mm knot and a 8cm loft which is too much of a good thing. It feels like the whole badger was used to make that brush. its so big you need to bowl lather into a bucket:cool: as reference below against my Chubby 2 synthetic which is allready also a big one!
View attachment 84650
but for me the big brushes rock!

That plisson is a brute! You could always just put ridges on your sink and use the entire sink as a lathering bowl. I love the sheer excess of that. Absolutely marvellous

Big ones use/waste too much product IMO. As well, for me they are not nimble and precise and trying to face lather feels like bathing a mouse with a mop.
Agree, anything above 24mm is not for me but there are some beautiful big brushes out there, I saw a guy from Germany that was able to buy a bunch of big Plisson NOS old brushes the other day

Kent BLK12

39199540574_c0aa0b889e_c.jpg

Great if you enjoy getting lather in your eyes, ears and all down your chest. Personally my favourite knot size is around 22mm.

Generally a 'bigger the better' man here. Anything smaller than 24mm is a miss for me.

I'll happily lather my chest, my nuts and anything else while at it.

20220223_133615.jpg

AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere flat top
AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere

The large brass brush is an absolute God of face mashing

In passing I don't think I waste anymore soap than using a smaller brush but they do work more effectively for me.

I have just passed on a small Muhle ivory which annoyed me no end being so small, but I do know the member who took it off me is chuffed.

Back
Top Bottom