I Been Busy

Hi Guys
Since Xmas I've been on a bit of a tear. Some razors I've been after for a while, some I didn't expect to buy and some I couldn't resist...I tried...really. First, a Durham that takes proprietary blades but I really liked the looks and it's one of those razors you just can't help picking up and examining. Came with its original shipper. Next a very nice Junior Aristocrat I got from B&Bs' Mark1966 (great guy to deal with). An excellent shaver, nice balance and weight. We then proceed to a Pils 101E which I got at a terrific price on from Phil@Bullgoose. Interesting razor, well made, good weight with balance being mostly near the head. I like the shave (med. aggressive) and with a bit more familiarity s/b even better. Then on to a New Standard I picked up from B&Bs' Jake (another great guy to deal with). This is a very nice razor and delivers an excellent shave. Well balanced, nicely aggressive and really well made. Next is an Ikon Sk9. This was also purchased from Phil @Bullgoose (terrific vendor, excellent to do business with). Now I know the background skinny on Ikon, however I did want to try that dual head and I'm glad I did. Because of the thicker handle it's more evenly balanced than the Pils. Good weight and is a medium aggressive shaver. Well made and I get 2 pass BBS from it. Lastly, it's my "B" series Schick injector.Just got it and immediately took it apart for cleaning etc. More complicated than the "C" series as far as replacing blades etc but in beautiful shape and I get the same shave as I do with the "C" series. A little north of medium aggressive but still very comfortable and I love the looks.

There's still a couple more razors in the pipe but they're not here yet. When they arrive I'll post the pics and descriptions.

Cheers
[attachment=4212][attachment=4208][attachment=4209][attachment=4211][attachment=4210]

Attachments

• P1010095.JPG
    P1010095.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010099.JPG
    P1010099.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010098.JPG
    P1010098.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010094.JPG
    P1010094.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 25
Thanx Stig
I appreciate the reply. You can modify a standard blade to fit in the razor, however they are wider and shorter than the original blades. I may try one out but I have to tell you it looks kinda scary when it's in there. Lots of blade exposure. May need a drink first...or after.

Back
Top Bottom