Huh - it DOES lather!

I ordered myself a good badger brush and the Edwin Jagger cream because I was dissatisfied with the cheap "for men" soap and nylon brush I had picked up at my local Boots. Having purchased good equipment I investigated how to use it properly and learned how to lather.

Of course a sensible man would have done his learning after the first purchase. I wondered how much of my failure was actually down to technique, so I fished the cheap brush and soap out of the cupboard. And what do you know, it does lather....

Don't think I'll go back to it unless I run out of EJ though. Why go back to milk once you've tried cream ;)

DSCF5101.jpg

Interesting point thought about technique vs tools/materials - ideally you need both of them to be good, but the right technique can make something half decent out of the worst materials, and good tools/materials can mask poor technique and produce half decent results.

Don't get me started!

It's true though that God gives us "tools" (wait for Pig Cat's joke) - e.g. bodies, abilities, time, opportunities etc and we have to supply the "technique" -- e.g. make and effort, try our best, do something with what we've been given. Some have more/better tools but we won't be judged on outcome so much as on effort and intention.

It's a fair point - I did likewise with the Wilkinson Sword brush that I re-handled. I think for me the second brush I used (silvertip) helped me get used to the technique, as it was easy to get a good lather from.

I like the WS brush; hard to beat for the money. Used to use it one daily before I upgraded but still use it for travelling and the gym - when I go. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom