Howdo from Scotland

I took up DE shaving just over a month ago with an Edwin Jagger chrome DE. Just about getting the hang of it now! :D

I popped in here in the hopes of tracking down an adjustable Slim or Fatboy. The EJ struggles just a tad with my tough stubble so I want to kick it up a notch. I have been posting at Badger and Blade and learned a lot, but of course that website is full of cross pondians so not ideal for tracking down a new razor.

Thanks

Oh I've been experimenting with different blades. So far I've used Wilkinson Sword ones and Derby ones. I've also got in some platinum ones from the Traditional Shaving Co. that I'm looking forward to trying.

For me the problem seems to be that under my neckline the hair goes in so many different directions that there is always one stubborn wee patch that remains rough. It'd take 5 or 6 passes to get it smooth I think, but I draw the line at 3 since that is what my skin can take without serious irritation.

I think the adjustable might allow me to make the 3 pass shave close enough for smoothness without too much irritation. Although I'm told you have to be careful with adjustable. I've heard horror stories of over ambitious shavers "kebab slicing" their face :eek:

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi wook, and welcome.

I think antdad has or had a Slim adjustable for sale. I think you should buy it so that I can't.

EDIT: And reading down the board, I see that you've already found it.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom