How To Sterilize My Tackle Effectively?

Pete said:
Barbicide or Marvicide, they are the same. A jam jar is fine.
Another good cleaning agent is some distilled white vinegar. My favourite polish is Peek but I've heard Silvo is nice too. Don't forget the toothbrush.

Pete, do you know what the ratio of Barbicide to water is for a quantity to sterilize 1 or 2 razors. Is it done neat or with a mixer, I guess is my question.

I hope that this is reasonably helpful to other users too...

ps Just bought some PEEK (50g) and my Morrisons cheapo toothbrushes must be all of a quiver as we speak!

hunnymonster said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Pete, do you know what the ratio of Barbicide to water is for a quantity to sterilize 1 or 2 razors. Is it done neat or with a mixer, I guess is my question.

It's used diluted 1 fl.oz to 1 US pint ( 16 fl.oz) I think it is - (60ml to 1 litre it says on the bottle I have here - which looks like 1:16 whichever way you cut it)

Thanks HM, that's the ratio I have used.

Pete said:
hunnymonster said:
Blyth Spirit said:

It's used diluted 1 fl.oz to 1 US pint ( 16 fl.oz) I think it is - (60ml to 1 litre it says on the bottle I have here - which looks like 1:16 whichever way you cut it)

Thanks HM, that's the ratio I have used.

Thanks a lot gentlemen, time to order some now I think...

Hi ho, hi ho, to ebay off we go............... :roll:

Blyth Spirit said:

You are allowed to walk in Sally Salon Services (there used to be a branch on Grainger Street in Newcastle if happen to be passing) and buy it like... or there was a hairdresser/barber wholesaler on the road out of Seaton Delaval towards Cramlington (it's on the left just before the roundabout off the A192 that takes you to East Cramlington) which may carry Barbicide or Marvicide.

edit: Graham Hair & Beauty, MacGregor House, Station Road, Seaton Deleval, Tyne and Wear NE25 0PT, Tel: 0191 237 0073 Fax: 0191 237 0877

hunnymonster said:
Blyth Spirit said:

You are allowed to walk in Sally Salon Services (there used to be a branch on Grainger Street in Newcastle if happen to be passing) and buy it like... or there was a hairdresser/barber wholesaler on the road out of Seaton Delaval towards Cramlington (it's on the left just before the roundabout off the A192 that takes you to East Cramlington) which may carry Barbicide or Marvicide.

edit: Graham Hair & Beauty, MacGregor House, Station Road, Seaton Deleval, Tyne and Wear NE25 0PT, Tel: 0191 237 0073 Fax: 0191 237 0877

Thanks HM, just ordered some on the Bay. I rarely go to Town anymore; however I'm off to Brighton Grove tomorrow to try and lay my hands on some Godrej Deluxe Shaving Cream, fingers crossed, eh? I called in at Delaval tonight but its "Trade" only...hey ho. That was me 'weel telt'.

GODREJ UPDATE @ 19 09 09 1425hrs: To Brighton Grove I went and at a little independent chemist run by a very friendly Indian guy he knew exactly what I meant and has ordered it for mid next week...reviews (+ contact details if successful!) to follow. Whilst in there I bought a 70g tube of Cussons Graphite shave cream and a tub of 'black' Wlkinsons Soap. (Any users tried either?) A real treasure trove, he recommended a range of genuine Indian shaving oils of all sorts of scents; I'll probably grab one next week. All input or comments welcome.

Anyway I'll be off and running next week.

Great advice from all contributors for novices like me.

Thanks all,

BS

Blythe if you can find some godrej shaving cream in this country you are a god...

Ive been looking for this stuff for ages over here, all i ever find is the tumeric scented shaving creme from another indian country.

Millay said:
Blythe if you can find some godrej shaving cream in this country you are a god...

Ive been looking for this stuff for ages over here, all i ever find is the tumeric scented shaving creme from another indian country.

I could be that deity :lol:

Its listed as stock at a certain shave supply company in East Anglia. Does protocol demand I email you on this site?

Blyth Spirit, just tell the misses it is good for cleaning jewlery, which it is.

NB. Chemical cleaners will only disinfect, to be officialy serile you need to autoclave it. But that is overkill really.

C

Blyth Spirit said:
Millay said:

I could be that deity :lol:

Its listed as stock at a certain shave supply company in East Anglia. Does protocol demand I email you on this site?

I've got some of that Godrej and it's quite nice.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/godrej.html">http://connaughtshaving.com/godrej.html</a><!-- m -->

Zubar said:
Blyth Spirit, just tell the misses it is good for cleaning jewlery, which it is.

NB. Chemical cleaners will only disinfect, to be officialy serile you need to autoclave it. But that is overkill really.

C

Confidence in disinfection is really what I need. Stuff ceases to be sterile once its touched, autoclave or not.

If anything survives the air in this part of the world its lucky!

:D

, said this grumpy old fogey
hunnymonster said:
Zubar said:
to be officialy serile you need to autoclave it. But that is overkill really.

I thought you just needed 2 clear samples :?

Humph, said this grumpy old fogey!!

You do for C:diff and MRSA. Had both last year; now that's real fun, shaving isn't top of the list of priorities in the ICU...I do remember a cold shave from a male nurse with a Bic disposable and the cheapest gloop foam known to man or beast. Anyway I digress. :|

I must correct myself. An item does need to be packaged to remain sterile (and they want change the regs so that this is repeated after 2 weeks if unused).

Also gamma rays are good too.

C

Back
Top Bottom