How old?

Hello, Could someone tell me when this gillette razor was made. The only markings are gillette made in england.The handle appears to be aluminium.Many thanks.[attachment=1][attachment=0]

Attachments

• Picture 034.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 99
  • Picture 036.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 99
English Gillettes have no date code so there is no accurate way of dating them. The Tech was produced between 1939-1973 and the English techs of that kind were in the prevalent sold as a product from mid fifties to mid sixties...roughly.

Mr Razors guide to Techs <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/ebay/1938-1966%20Tech%20Evolution%20klein.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com/ebay/1938-1966% ... 0klein.jpg</a><!-- m -->

English Ball end Tech, pretty sure its the standard handle. The Aluminum handles had a much different profile, and im pretty sure they never made an aluminum ball end.
Age wise I Concur with audio. Most likely a 50's model, but without a date code its very hard to tell so your talking +-10 ;) .

They did make an aluminium ball end - at least someone made one with a Gillette Tech head.

The aluminium handled version doesn't have a hole in the bottom, the plated brass one does. Also the aluminium one that I had (or maybe still have) has clear casting snots (what's the technical term?) which aren't present on the brass/nickel version.

Here's a list: take your pick. (I can't believe I chased this up).

1 Broken or Cracked Castings
2 Crushes, Pushups & Clamp-Offs
3 Cuts or Washes
4 Dirt, Slag & Other Inclusions
5 Drops
6 Erosion Scabs
7 Expansion Defects
8 Gas Defects
9 Gross Segregation, Carbon Flotation, Kish Graphite & Dross
10 Non-Uniform Hardness, Hard Spots, Hard Areas & Chilled Spots
11 Hot Tears
12 Inverse Chills