How much should I pay for vintage Wilkies?

Last year on ebay I bought a tuck of five 70's UK DE Wilkinson sword blades, each blade was about 60p including delivery.

I used 3 so far and they lasted for 3 weeks each of daily slant cold shave.

I want to get some more but not sure what is the going rate as of today.
I have a small stock >250 of blades mainly SuperMax stainless and Labs which I consider good for my skin but the old Wilks was exceptional.

Any advice is welcome.

cheesepiece said:
I'm selling them at £30 per hundred. 30p per blade
Take that as a base line.
I think I heard that the gent's groom room dundee has them in stock also.

Thanks for that info. Was my favourite blade in 60`s-70`s. Have Hoards of Lab Blue.
Rapira Swedes, Polsilver. Though SE Shaving, might get some for old times Sake, the
modern version is ****, not up too much IMHO.

Shemen Zait said:
Last year on ebay I bought a tuck of five 70's UK DE Wilkinson sword blades, each blade was about 60p including delivery.

I used 3 so far and they lasted for 3 weeks each of daily slant cold shave.

I want to get some more but not sure what is the going rate as of today.
I have a small stock >250 of blades mainly SuperMax stainless and Labs which I consider good for my skin but the old Wilks was exceptional.

Any advice is welcome.

Hi there,

When looking to bid on old Wilkinsons from the 1970-80s, I found being patient to be helpful. Buying a good sized quantity will usually bring the price down and probably 40-50 cents each or less would be the price. Looking for a razor blade 'lot' should get some hits.

Not all of those vintage ones shave the same, so try a bunch to see what's the best fit and then concentrate on getting more. Some blades are excellent.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom